Battery Powered 90 degree Servo Motor push Button

Thread: Battery Powered 90 degree Servo Motor push Button

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Battery Powered 90 degree Servo Motor push Button

I know nothing about any of this but curious how difficult and what would needed to create a battery powered 90 degree servo motor with push button to activate. Need it to rotate 90 cw the 90 ccw.

For my project the arm attached to the motor would lay under a paddle and would be used to rotate the paddle back to an up right position after being knocked over and falling on the push button. The weight of the paddle is roughly a half pound.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Battery Powered 90 degree Servo Motor push Button

Sounds easy. Knockdown target?

I would use a automotive windshield wiper motor and use a full rotation bell crank system. The windshield wiper motor already has the one rotation and park function built in.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    a very elegant but expensive solution is to use a modern AC servo.

They almost universally have a table, typically of eight positions, that can be selected by one or more buttons/switches etc. The ultimate position of each table setting can be
    individually programmed.

I am most familiar with Delta servos and they have this feature. As a ballpark a 400W entry level servo/drive/cables costs $400USD ex China.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    you might have to disregard my earlier post, the servo to which I referred is a 230VAC input device.

Battery operated devices are not like likely to have the torque that you need without significant gear reduction.

May I suggest a RC servo. Some of the larger servos used on model yachts are quite powerful and are of course battery operated.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

+1 for the wiper motor, also DC motors with gearbox are available for cheap now, plus just a couple of limit switches
    Are both raise and lower by PB required?

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeevens View Post
    I know nothing about any of this but curious how difficult and what would needed to create a battery powered 90 degree servo motor with push button to activate. Need it to rotate 90 cw the 90 ccw. retro bowl pro

For my project the arm attached to the motor would lay under a paddle and would be used to rotate the paddle back to an up right position after being knocked over and falling on the push button. The weight of the paddle is roughly a half pound.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    To create your battery-powered servo setup:

Servo Motor: Buy a hobby servo with sufficient torque to lift half a pound. Ensure it matches the paddle's weight requirements.

Battery: Use 4 AA batteries (6V) or a rechargeable LiPo battery. Ensure it matches the servo's voltage requirements.

Microcontroller: Use an Arduino Nano or Uno to control the servo's movements.

Push Button: Connect the button to the microcontroller. When the paddle falls on it, it will trigger the servo.

Programming: Write a brief code on the Arduino to rotate the servo 90 degrees CW and then 90 degrees CCW upon button press.

Once set up, pressing the button should activate the servo, returning the paddle to its upright position. Always test first before finalizing the assembly.