WHERE TO BUY LATHE SPINDLE IN EUROPE

Thread: WHERE TO BUY LATHE SPINDLE IN EUROPE

Downloads
    Uploads

Default WHERE TO BUY LATHE SPINDLE IN EUROPE

Hy

where it is posible to buy lathe spindle in europe, sekond and or from manufacturer. Thanks for tips.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: WHERE TO BUY LATHE SPINDLE IN EUROPE

What kind of lathe spindle? How big and for what purpose?

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool1 View Post

europe.

Why?.
    I've basically gave up on Europe for cnc/machining related stuff. (except for the odd electronics board).
    Supply of parts is terrible. Which in turn also means if they do have owt, it's stupidly overpriced.
    Or it's just the cheapest crap they could get!.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hy

i wont to have lathe. But problem is as it goes. If i buy old lathe 20 yers or more, spere parts are not axsesible. You kan get soem guy whitch it ordered from china twik it and you pay for ever thing 1K euros. If maschine broke down you are fuked. So for new lathe you kant get money. For old lathe witch are better as new old clasical lathes there is stupid price tag on them. for exsample. Calsical lathe refurbisch is form 5k to 18k. Soem brends gos for 45K euros. Soem lathes cant be refurbisch becose bad metal when poored so the bed is destroyed when worn.

I try to buy cnc lathe from scrap, but you cant find it. Scrap is sold liek gold.

I realy dont now who in europe are stil working somthing or they yust resel ech other and live nise lifes.

I wont to build lathe from scratch. But i need spindle. One spindle belt driven, not high end with 10 ballberings and stuf. It needs to have ordinary head no chuck head. If there is a chance woud be nice to have both options with closer but this is a lot to ask.

I got sutch spindle cartridge spindle form china. But it cost me 2k euro becose of inport tax duties shiping and taxsation.

I log on today to ask if yomody have eny plans for spindle perhaps to build it from scratch at home. Spindle needs to hold 220 mm diameter pice in head. 4K rpm is nice. that is it.

Is enobody here witch is interested to develop spindle from scratch,calculate it build it, and the make it open sorce or manufacture it in large quentities. I read soem stuf about spidnles, so it woud be nice to be simple build so enbody can reper it at the shoop and change the ballberings so the down time is shorter as send it to factory. 10 days is down time to machine if you sned it to factory in eu as i now.

Eny sugestions.

If sombody is interested let me write on private mesage.

thanks.

I loked at auctions and i got nothing. Old machies is seling as new realy exspencive. 45K euro for 30 yesrs old manual lathe,... i stop loking after i saw this stupid stuf.

Downloads
    Uploads