Need Help! Hitachi seiki vm50 vs VK45||

Thread: Hitachi seiki vm50 vs VK45||

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hitachi seiki vm50 vs VK45||

Hello all Hitachi seiki owners -experts i need some advice i want to purchase Hitachi seiki machining centre and i have 2 options vm50 and vk45||
    vm50 is 98 year machine is disconected and i can t test it , i think is standard machine without any extra opions , and not sure memeory capacity for programs this is important for me for runung large programs
    another machine is VK45|| machine is 95 year and is tested and running ok and have extra opions like 30 tools magazine instead 20 , extended X AXIS travel 1000mm istead 750 and upgraded memory to 5000m
    Does anyone have experience with these machines and can advise which one is better
    thanks for any help

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by petextr View Post
    Hello all Hitachi seiki owners -experts i need some advice i want to purchase Hitachi seiki machining centre and i have 2 options vm50 and vk45||
    vm50 is 98 year machine is disconected and i can t test it , i think is standard machine without any extra opions , and not sure memeory capacity for programs this is important for me for runung large programs
    another machine is VK45|| machine is 95 year and is tested and running ok and have extra opions like 30 tools magazine instead 20 , extended X AXIS travel 1000mm istead 750 and upgraded memory to 5000m
    Does anyone have experience with these machines and can advise which one is better
    thanks for any help
    Irrespective of year

A running machine should be the best option if all ok, who knows what expensive horrors await on the disconnected machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hitachi seiki vm50 vs VK45||

I don't have experience with either mill but many yrs ago I worked with a vs50 which would have been a bit newer and I loved working with that mill .
    Seems to me that the choice should be easy . A running machine with upgrades seems to be the way to go , at least it sounds much better . They are orphans so it might not be worth the risk on the mill that can't be tested . A simple thing like recovering lost parameters could prove to be a pita on it's own , if it's lost it's parameters .
    The vm50 may be a fantastic machine , but not seeing it run would be a no go for me

Hitchi seiki made great machines and both their vertical and horizontal mills were nice to work with , good luck on whatever one you chose