Compact flash memory card

Thread: Compact flash memory card

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Compact flash memory card

I have an Hitachi seiki vs40 milling machine and l can not be able to activate DNC mode on this machine. So I decided to attach a CF card for extending the controller memory. Is it possible to run the program from an external memory card attached to the controller? Machine controller is Fanuc 18 M seicos.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Compact flash memory card

First a flash card will only work for SRAM backup and restore.

A SRAM card must be used for the control to recognize the card for loading programs.

I will start by saying I have done a fair amount of work with Seicos 18/16 controls and understand them pretty well.

As far as running a program from the card via M198, I have never seen someone be able to do it on a Seicos 18/16 and I spent a great deal of time trying to get it to work.

Your best bet is to install a data server and you can run programs from it with M198. I have a VS40 with a Seicos 16 that has a hard drive data server and a VS40 with a Seicos 18 that I installed a flash card data server.