Hi Gents and Ladies.
Im a diy/hobby guy who has brought home an old cnc machine.
i write because i need some help please.
when i brought her home, she was suffering alarms 547 and 543(turret clamp not confirmed and turret index error).
im not sure how, but ive cleared these(building the history incase its relevant.)
then, ive discovered the x-axis brake needs replacing.(falling turret on power off.)
anyway, while moving the turret and subspindle for access for cleaning, i knocked the turret into the subspindle (y axis into b axis.(yes a crash, and the spindle has not yet run!)lol.
i was becoming confident that id stuffed it right up cause the b axis movement was erratic.
then i read something on forum about moving the axis by hand with power off...tried this and i feel maybe i fixed the alarms 390 and 344(servopac alarm and b servo error.)
then i noticed i had an alarm 7 at rear of machine.(x axis torque alarm).
so i powered down and was able to banish ole #7 too...for the moment anyway...
thanks for yr patience with the historical part of my story...now we reach the present!!
no more alarms, but when i move the b axis after pushing standby, the lights go out/shuts down the yaskawa box in the back cabinet. somtimes, the b axis does not need to move to cause trip. also first start of the day, she trips quickly, and sometimes she will run for 2hrs without tripping...this yaskawa box has a sticker on side but number i cannot read...is rubbed off...sorry i dont know name.
so i seeking a local tech,here in Brisbane Australia, who may be retired like me, who is good with repairing this machine and possibly providing some training too...
i read something about yaw yaw software too, which was apparantly useful for keeping these old machines going...
love to hear any and all constuctive/postive input.
forgive my ranting and rambling...