z80 cpu alarm .....not what Hitachi says it is and ladder load

Thread: z80 cpu alarm .....not what Hitachi says it is and ladder load

Downloads
    Uploads

Default z80 cpu alarm .....not what Hitachi says it is and ladder load

looking at my manual and misc doc they have, they say "replace the master board"

Well not necessarily. More likely is you lost your ladder and or have garbage in there. My battery was not really dead, showed 2.85 volts but ladder was a mess.

I went through the entire initialization of my VK45. Cleared/erased everything. Loaded new ladder. Still have lots of errors on the screen and PC not ready. Some of the errors said something to the effect of PARAMETER 023,044,...blah blah.
    Loaded a good parameter set, now down to one error -- pallet something...cleared it and reboot. Finally have a not ready screen and she starts and runs pretty well. have not done a full run program test but zeros XYZ and spindle changes gear fine and M3, M4 and M5 work

tomorrow, I have to reset the carousel position and next/ready tool, check my "set tool length" location and prob several other things need tuning as well

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: z80 cpu alarm .....not what Hitachi says it is and ladder load

hi Dan, thank you very much for the post.
    i have the same error,
    can i have you email please?
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: z80 cpu alarm .....not what Hitachi says it is and ladder load

Quote Originally Posted by Dancy View Post
    looking at my manual and misc doc they have, they say "replace the master board"

Well not necessarily. More likely is you lost your ladder and or have garbage in there. My battery was not really dead, showed 2.85 volts but ladder was a mess.

I went through the entire initialization of my VK45. Cleared/erased everything. Loaded new ladder. Still have lots of errors on the screen and PC not ready. Some of the errors said something to the effect of PARAMETER 023,044,...blah blah.
    Loaded a good parameter set, now down to one error -- pallet something...cleared it and reboot. Finally have a not ready screen and she starts and runs pretty well. have not done a full run program test but zeros XYZ and spindle changes gear fine and M3, M4 and M5 work

tomorrow, I have to reset the carousel position and next/ready tool, check my "set tool length" location and prob several other things need tuning as well
    hi Dan, thank you very much for the post.

you mentioned "Loaded a good parameter set" after loading new ladder.
    Wondering what kind of parameter set it was?

was the parameter set different from the Fanuc parameter set?
    or the parameters were Fanuc parameters?

Thanks,
    Bob