VS50 +X over travel alarm

Thread: VS50 +X over travel alarm

Downloads
    Uploads

Default VS50 +X over travel alarm

Hi, today my VS50 (18M control) came up with a F500 Over travel +X alarm after doing a tool change so I pressed the E stop & tried to move the spindle away from the tool changer manually, but it wouldn't move. I then turned the machine off a climbed up top & screwed the ball screw by hand to move it away (its now well away from the ATC position). While I was there I checked the limit switches & they are fine. I am still getting the over travel alarm on powering up & can not move any of the axis...I can not even remove the tool from the spindle.I read on the web that pressing PCAN on power-up will clear the over travel alarm & it does, but then I get D408.6 Escape X axis from ATC area & still can not move any of the axis.I then tried PCAN with the maintenance switch turned on & am now getting D408.3 Interlocked by ATC area, but can still not move anything.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards wc56

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: VS50 +X over travel alarm

Just a simple fix possibly - hold down spindle stop, and use handle mode (10/1) on the X (while keeping Spindle Stop pressed) to move away from the ATC. Then do ATC Origin button and see what happens

John

Downloads
    Uploads

Great, thanks John. I was able to clear the alarm but I had to first change parameter #1300 to 1 then back again after performing zero return (this was suggested by another very helpful guy here in Oz. Now I have a D404.6 Tool clamp unfinished alarm when I try M19. This could well be the source of my original issue as the lamp near the clamp / unclamp push button on the spindle has been on since the problem tool change.I will investigate further soon, if you have any ideas, please let me know.Thanks again.

Downloads
    Uploads

All sorted. I found in the manual that you can perform ATC movements step by step in maintenance mode regardless of what is causing the issue by pressing the spindle stop button in while commanding the action. I rotated the twin arm once then returned to origin & the tool clamp unfinished alarm disappeared. After closing the shutter door & exiting maintenance mode all is well. Regards wc56

Downloads
    Uploads

That was going to be my next suggestion. Man times it gets caught partway through a move and you have to manually set it home. Glad its working

John

EDIT: I was able to resolve the issue using the P + CANCEL method.

I am seeing the same error code on all both my x and y axis!
    I just moved the machine in and it seems that the axis we not blocked well and moved during shipping (~400 mi)
    It is the same VS50 with an 18M control!

I have tried moving the axis using the spindle stop method, and they wont move past the point where the over travel code is thrown.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Casey

Last edited by caseybarsness; 05-23-2018 at 12:32 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Casey

was just going to suggest that and moving them by hand (or S. Stop on handle mode) - Glad you got it figured out

John