Hi, I have a 1999 VS50 fitted with 18M control. The other day I had to do a small profiling job & found the program output by CamBam was at first tool large for the machines memory. I was able to play around with a few settings in CamBam & reduce the file size to get the job done. This got me thinking about DNC.

I am able to send & receive programs via RS232 without any problems.

When I go to the 'Set Data' screen & set DNC to 'Valid' - then return to main screen & select 'Memory' mode, the screen shows DNC but when I try to send a program I get 'F086 DR Signal OFF' alarm.

I have tried pressing cycle start, then send program & visa versa, but get the same alarm.

Checked my pin setup which is (machine end) 2,3 crossed...4 to 5 bridged....7 straight thru....6,8 & 20 bridged.

Then I remembered seeing a DB25 plug labelled 'DNC' inside the cabinet & though I would try it.

I unplugged the cable from the RS232 port & plugged it into the DNC port. Now I no longer get any alarms...but nothing happens. NCLink on the laptop says 'Send is waiting for machine to receive'

One other thing that may be important...my laptop only has USB ports so when I setup RS232 I had to get a special cable. Could this cable be causing issue with DNC even though it works fine with RS232?

Any suggestion on what I should look at next...parameters maybe??

Thanks