Mikron HPM 600 HD Heidenhain 530 problem with Z axis

Thread: Mikron HPM 600 HD Heidenhain 530 problem with Z axis

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mikron HPM 600 HD Heidenhain 530 problem with Z axis

Hi guys. I am not english native and that is why i have to apologise for my speech with some errors, i hope you will understand me anyway. I have Mikron HPM 600 HD with heidenhain 530. And there is one problem with Z axis. After finishing work in pocket the machine should go to a safe height with Fmax. But in the place where the machine has gone up there remains a round track about 0.01-0.05 mm from mill. It looks like the Z axis falls down on this 0.01-0.05 mm before it goes to the safe height with Fmax. I think it is not normal. The machine is absolutely new, and i think there are some parameters in heidenhain 530 we have to change to solve that problem? We have other machines with Fanuc and no one has same problem. I have never seen something like that before. Please help me if you know how to solve this problem. 1,2 - going to the safe height with Fmax (30 000); 3 - going to the safe height with F50; 4 -going to the safe height with F5

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mikron HPM 600 HD Heidenhain 530 problem with Z axis-28fa5293-8e49-4841-a5d7-2943c76e9d9c-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fyshk View Post
    Hi guys. I am not english native and that is why i have to apologise for my speech with some errors, i hope you will understand me anyway. I have Mikron HPM 600 HD with heidenhain 530. And there is one problem with Z axis. After finishing work in pocket the machine should go to a safe height with Fmax. But in the place where the machine has gone up there remains a round track about 0.01-0.05 mm from mill. It looks like the Z axis falls down on this 0.01-0.05 mm before it goes to the safe height with Fmax. I think it is not normal. The machine is absolutely new, and i think there are some parameters in heidenhain 530 we have to change to solve that problem? We have other machines with Fanuc and no one has same problem. I have never seen something like that before. Please help me if you know how to solve this problem. 1,2 - going to the safe height with Fmax (30 000); 3 - going to the safe height with F50; 4 -going to the safe height with F5
    I suspect backlash in the axis, so change of direction allows a dwell at the end of the tool during reversal. Could also be spindle bearing end play.

Check axis and spindle separately for lift using a 1 micron dial indicator, using a lever.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by servtech View Post
    I suspect backlash in the axis, so change of direction allows a dwell at the end of the tool during reversal. Could also be spindle bearing end play.

Check axis and spindle separately for lift using a 1 micron dial indicator, using a lever.
    Yes I also thought that there was backlash on the z axis. but the z axis already is under pressure and if there is backlash it should act in the opposite direction in (+). the spindle should not fall down when going up contrary it should not move up for a while while the backlash exist. I am really sorry for my English I was in USA in 2012 last time I hope you understand. How to check z axis and spindle separately? We checked on tool holder which was on spindle with 0.01 dial indicator (not 0.001 micron) and it has showed falling about 0.02. Spindle is absolutely brand new Step Tec 20000rpm and I don’t this it has bearing end play.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fyshk View Post
    Hello, if I understand correct, you instantly retract with FMAX (F30000)? If yes, this could be the error. When positioning with FMAX, a higher position-accuracy tolerance is used. You can read about it in the manual. Try first lifting the mill a couple of millimeters with F500, or the same feed as when milling, then retract with FMAX. Hope this helps.