Custom deep hole drilling program, or an solution with standard cycle?

Thread: Custom deep hole drilling program, or an solution with standard cycle?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Custom deep hole drilling program, or an solution with standard cycle?

Hi there.

I’m working on a new project, where I need to drill a lot of 1mm holes that’s deeper than 20xD, on a machine without thru spindle cooling. I will drill with a pilot drill 2mm deep, and I want to start the peck drilling 1mm down the pilot hole, and I don’t want the drill to move out of the hole before the hole is done. Low rpm when moving the tool down the pilot hole, increasing the rpm when tip is in the hole, drill the hole and exit pilot hole at low RPM.

Sorry about the bad English, I hope that people know what I mean :-)

3 years ago I made this little program to peck drill holes like this, the program runs in a loop and calculate all steps with Q parameters. I will provide some of the code tomorrow, if it gives some better understanding.

My q is if there is a way to do this using standard cycles?

None of the holes have the same depth, and because of this I need to make a lot of drilling programs to call in my main program for the part. If I can use some standard cycle, it will save me a ton of cutting and replacing Code at the machine, when posting the program from Hypermill.

I need to drill from 5 sides in one setup, and with a total of 21 holes/programs, it will be a pain in the *ss to make.

Or find someone in Denmark who can make my program to an OEM cycle for a TNC 530?

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Uhrenholt; 01-04-2023 at 08:09 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Custom deep hole drilling program, or an solution with standard cycle?

Get someone else to make it...

Ok... seeing that you need RPM to change during the drilling.... I cannot think that heidenhain have a drill-cycle that alters rpm.

You may have to make a pattern, and then call it up at the hole co-ordinates. The pattern would descend into hole, start spindle & coolant, calculate depths, & retracts, stop spindle & coolant, withdraw from hole, opt stop for tool inspect, end pattern

Tooling I'd use is ER32 holder with a straight shank ER11 holder with drill stick out of about 23mm max. This makes for good tool support & allows coolant access

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Custom deep hole drilling program, or an solution with standard cycle?

Look here, many examples, the Heidenhain NC Solutions database

https://www.klartext-portal.com/en/t...-pilotbohrung/

Downloads
    Uploads

Superman:

Spindle is HSK-E32 :-)

Doing machining within 0.002mm precision as a day job, nothing is standard and I use a lot of time making/designing custom programs and tooling for jobs. This was just a question that could potentially save me some time, that I then could use on introducing a new colleague to how we do things(starting wednesday)

Heidenhain has a lot of cool features if you know where to look :-)

Eckitch:

Thanks for the link, I will take a look at it tomorrow, and the other things in the solution database :-) It seems to look a bit like the program that I made, this program can also be called with M99.

Cheers

Daniel