Heidenhain TNC 355 wont move HELP

Thread: Heidenhain TNC 355 wont move HELP

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Heidenhain TNC 355 wont move HELP

Hi Guys,
    Im looking for some assistance please and would be happy to pay for professional help! PayPal etc.

I have purchased a used Kasuga 850 Milling machine and it has a TNC355 control. I was able to install the machine and PLC parameters. The machine now starts and shows a good screen, it has the referencing sequence showing on the screen but does not move! Its like the servos and the machine has not started? No alarms nothing. Just XYZ reference on the screen. Wont move.

I do have another machine also a Kasuga 850 only with the later TNC415B it it runs great so Im not a complete stranger to the system and Im quite handy around machines.

Can anyone help me?

Im in Australia. GMT +10 hours

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Heidenhain TNC 355 wont move HELP

Might be a stupid question but have you managed to home the machine or nothing at all?

Regards Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Rotec,

Could you share some photos of what is happening? Is there a * mark next to the axis display after you press Cycle start for referencing?

Best regards

JSS

Downloads
    Uploads

Sudsy,
    Nothing at all, screen shows axis ready to reference but none will move. My other 850 has a Heidenhain 415B control and has the same Yaskawa servo drives. So I know when they are ready normally two LEDS lit.
    To me it feels like the machine has not fully started. There is no * asterisk next to nay numbers and also the fan on the spindle cooling motor is not making any noise like on the other machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi JSS,

No * asterisk. Please take a look here I made a short video of the start-up and pics too. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuL0GcB6FoDfgcJA...ZCMKQ?e=cy1eBC
    Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Heidenhain TNC 355 wont move  HELP-img_20200605_134947-3200-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Rotec,

An observation (please correct me if I'm wrong)- in my Heidenhain controls (I have a set of TNC 426 and iTNC530s) the pass over reference axes are highlighted before the referencing is complete. Also it shows a * mark once movement starts.

I am of the opinion there might be something wrong with your parameters or PLC program- if you have it backed up you could try transmitting it again to the machine (not sure how the PLC program transfer works for the TNC355, but the parameters I do remember backing up and transferring).

In case if you ever need, I have a working TNC 355 control I am ready to part with- we removed it from one of our machines (we upgraded it as we were having long programs which weren't fitting in this controls memory)

Best regards

JSS

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jaideepshinh View Post
    Hi Rotec,

An observation (please correct me if I'm wrong)- in my Heidenhain controls (I have a set of TNC 426 and iTNC530s) the pass over reference axes are highlighted before the referencing is complete. Also it shows a * mark once movement starts.

I am of the opinion there might be something wrong with your parameters or PLC program- if you have it backed up you could try transmitting it again to the machine (not sure how the PLC program transfer works for the TNC355, but the parameters I do remember backing up and transferring).

In case if you ever need, I have a working TNC 355 control I am ready to part with- we removed it from one of our machines (we upgraded it as we were having long programs which weren't fitting in this controls memory)

Best regards

JSS
    Hmmm..... Well this machine came to me from a guy who had the same issues ie itwouldn't "pass over", he never got it working so it just sat till he got rid of it. When I got the MC I thought I'll just install all the MC and PLC parameters, but no go Oh the batteries were rotten so I replaced the entire holder and battery pack. It holds memory now.
    The original parameters for this machine were written on sheets in the manual. So we made a file and transfered to the MC via serial cable. Transfer works. Likewise the PLC parameters these were transfered in the same way.

Is there anything that you suggest I do? The other machine is exactly the same Kasuga 850 only with a 415B control. Would the PLC parameters be the same, being the the MC is the same?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Rotec,

Best regards

JSS
    Do you think I could try loading your TNC 355 PLC parameters to see if it moves? I know for a fact the servo drives are not ready. They appear to be in standby.
    I do not really understand how these seprate PLC modules work in the system and what they are for?

The 415B on the other machine does not have the PLC as seperate items, so I assume the 415B has the PLC build in?

Downloads
    Uploads

Dear Rotec,

I do have my parameter backup, but I do not know if I have my PLC backed up. I'l check on this and share it with you if available.

However, I would assume the PLC would've been customised to suit the machine, and may not work directly with yours.

In the event of your control trying to give and output to the drives and the drives not being ready or not responding, the control would show a drive fault or a gross positioning error with a letter following showing the cause of the error.

Are you able to access any other menus or is the control frozen on the Pass over reference display? Does pressing any of the other butttons give you a message saying "key has no function" message?

When powering on do you get the message "Relay external DC 24V missing" ? I'm just trying to clue together information as to why the control would be behaving the way it is.

Is it possible to copy a part of your PLC and display it here?

Best regards

JSS

Downloads
    Uploads

Dear Rotec,

I do have my parameter backup, but I do not know if I have my PLC backed up. I'l check on this and share it with you if available.

However, I would assume the PLC would've been customised to suit the machine, and may not work directly with yours.

In the event of your control trying to give and output to the drives and the drives not being ready or not responding, the control would show a drive fault or a gross positioning error with a letter following showing the cause of the error.

Are you able to access any other menus or is the control frozen on the Pass over reference display? Does pressing any of the other butttons give you a message saying "key has no function" message?

When powering on do you get the message "Relay external DC 24V missing" ? I'm just trying to clue together information as to why the control would be behaving the way it is.

Is it possible to copy a part of your PLC and display it here?

Best regards

JSS
    Yes all the buttons work on the control. I dont recall ever seeing "Relay external DC 24V missing".
    "key non functional" YES that is seen often.

I'll try on get the PLC file and post it here.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

That means your 24v supply isn't on or not working

Regards Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sudsy View Post
    That means your 24v supply isn't on or not working
    Cheers Bob,
    So are you saying i should be seeing "Relay external DC 24V missing". ?
    Because I never have seen this.

I notice you are in Australia.
    If you could spare me 5 mins for a quick chat on this, I'd appreciate it.

Paul 0428 360 100

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry I misread it. I thought you were getting the 24v supply message. Sent you a PM with my number anyway

Regards Bob