Gross positioning error Y 1C (got error on both X/Y axis) after replaced spindle driv

Thread: Gross positioning error Y 1C (got error on both X/Y axis) after replaced spindle driv

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Gross positioning error Y 1C (got error on both X/Y axis) after replaced spindle driv

I'v had trouble running the spindle, and suspected a fault in my Spindle drive (indramat kda 3.2), but all axes have been working fine, I replaced the spindle drive and Indramat powersupply unit and powered up the machine again, but then I was only able to move the Z-axis, the X/Y axis give me this "Gross position error Y 1C) (for the Y axis).

I thought it maybe was something else wrong with the spare drives, so I put back the "original" drives, but still get this error - so I suspect there might be something that needs to be "reset" or reloaded?

Any tips would be appreciated - the spindle drive I'v moved the programming unit over between the units, as the spare drive was setup for a different motor.

Was still no joy with the spindle on the spare drive either so any tips that might cause this behaviour is also appreciated (the spindle drives gives me N * NCMD "error code" when I try to run the spindle).

The unit is a Heidenhain 407

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Gross positioning error Y 1C (got error on both X/Y axis) after replaced spindle

Just thought I'd give a small feedback on this one, as it turned out to be due to some loose connection on the DC rail going to the XYZ axis drivers......just for reference