TS 641 Repair/Parts

Thread: TS 641 Repair/Parts

Downloads
    Uploads

Default TS 641 Repair/Parts

Anybody ever worked on an old TS 641 probe? Model TS 641 IdNr 517 352-51 Probe is used on a Deckel Maho DMU-80 as a factory option.

Our probe quit working and we checked with Heidenhain for a repair. They said they will no longer repair that model. I then looked around online to find another repair option. No luck so far. Heidenhain wants $6,000 for a replacement and 70 days for delivery(will come on a ship from Germany) unless we pay an extra $1,000 for express service.

Since the repair option seems to be out I decided to start taking the probe apart since the other option is to throw it in the scrap bin. Upon opening, there was no leds lit up. I unhooked the 6 pin plug that goes to the stylus tip. After some looking around, VMM probing, and reassembly of the main board back into the housing, a red LED now flashes two quick flashes every 2 seconds or so. It seems to flash indefinitely until I plug the 6 pin plug from tip back into the board. Once I do that, the red light goes out. I am assuming there is something wrong/shorted inside the tip of the probe. I haven't exactly figured out how to successfully disassemble that part yet.

My question is does anybody have that tip section to a TS 641 probe laying around? It bolts on with 4 screws. That may be my easiest option if somebody has a good tip section. Since the probe I have is worthless, I will continue to dive deeper into the tip I have and see if I can figure out how to get that section apart. Not exactly sure yet how that comes apart. I also assume the TS 641 is an optical sensor so maybe something on that circuitry in the tip is shorting out the board. I have no idea how that portion is assembled, so it may not be serviceable, but right now it is a $6,000 piece of scrap so nothing to lose.

Also, anybody have an idea if a blinking red LED with 2 quick flashes every 2 seconds is a normal functioning main board?

Thanks

TS 641 Repair/Parts-img_8159-jpg

TS 641 Repair/Parts-img_8152-jpg