TNC 410 controller cable

Thread: TNC 410 controller cable

Downloads
    Uploads

Default TNC 410 controller cable

Hi,

I've offered to help a local workshop get their Bridgeport VMC800 LR'30 Digital up and running. I've always wanted to get my head around CNC. It has a Heidenhain TNC 410 controller. C. 2005, the controller has an RS232 DB-25 port so I need the correct USB adapter and cable. I believe a suitable USB-to-RS232 (DB-9) is the DIGITUS USB to serial adapter (DA-70155-1). This one has the Prolific chipset (PL2303RA), mentioned in Heidenhain documentation for their USB driver.

As this Digitius adapter is DB-9, I am looking for a DB-9 to DB-25 cable. Although I have a pinout diagram for the controller, it appears manufacturers do not publish a pinout diagram, so if anyone can recommend a cable known to work, I'd be very grateful.

From the diagram, it looks like the TXD & RXD cross, which I believe is known as a null-modem cable?

TNC 410 controller cable-tnc410-pinout-png

Thank you in advance.

W.