Heidenhain 355 controller

Thread: Heidenhain 355 controller

Default Heidenhain 355 controller

Good morning,
    I have recently purchased an old bridgeport machining centre which has heidenhain contol. The controller is a TNC 355.
    I am currently using TNC server (a heidenhain program) to drip feed the program into my machine.
    The issue i am facing is that it will quickly state "wrong data input" on my machine after only a few lines of program.
    I have been told that my program data needs to start and end with a particular code or number for the machine to recognize? of which i am not sure.
    Also, i am using solidcam post processer which only gives me and option to export it into a H file of for TNC 426 controller , could this be the issue? Does my 355 controller need read the program data differently ?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thankyou guys.
    Max
    Sydney AUS