Reading spindle load from HEIDENHAIN controller

Thread: Reading spindle load from HEIDENHAIN controller

Post Reading spindle load from HEIDENHAIN controller

I need to record the value of the spindle load during the cut on my Quaser ux600 with the HEIDENHAIN controller (TNC640).
    I rather record it somehow synchronized with an external accelerometer using a NI-PXI, yet, I am open to any online method of reading and storing spindle load.
    I am working on it for a while and so far I have no clue how to do it. I would really appreciate it if someone can help me.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Reading spindle load from HEIDENHAIN controller

hy hudson ... i have used load diagrams on okuma machines, in order to improve process stability, etc

the controler can display such a diagram, for example, is possible to see how spindle load evolves for 60 seconds, then the diagram is refreshed

i have also used ocr software with ping80-100ms to record axis data, including load, actual position and theoretical position; to reach a ping<1ms, you need to gather data directly from the servos ( i guess an electronist could do it )

unfortunately, i dont have experience with heidenhain is it running on windows, or other OS ?

i also don't know what an externall accelerometer is, so i also can't undersand how you wish to use it

please, what do you wish to achieve ? kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

ding !

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi HudsonMachines,

This is a very interesting question- I will ask the team at Heidenhain for some info on this and get back to you.

Most machine events are located in a logbook file- however spindle/axis load history is usually not saved in the older controls (I do not have a TNC640- mine are all older)

However from what I remember, TNC 640 has a beautiful feature where in the machine automatically increases feedrate when spindle load is below a set point in order to improve machine efficiency and improve MRR- I am not sure if this is a standard feature or optional feature. As a result of this feature being there, I am of the assumption that the data should be logged for the controller to compute the changes needed.

I will try to get back with more information once available.

Best regards

Jaideep