TNC 426 seems to ignore pocket-table

Thread: TNC 426 seems to ignore pocket-table

Downloads
    Uploads

Default TNC 426 seems to ignore pocket-table

Anyone have experience with using pocket-tables in TNC426? I have defined the size of the pocket-table and changed the default size of TOOLS.T so i can store all my tools with correct offsets

The problem is that the TNC ignores the pocket-table and only read the tooltable. So if I Set pocket 20 to toolnumber 250 and make a toolcall T20 it rotate the magazine to pocket 20 and reads offsets from tool 20 in the tooltable.
    Not what I want..

If I call tool 250 it reacts as a toolcall T0 (same as when calling a toolnumber bigger then the tooltable)

when changing MP7480 to 4 or 6 (Send pocket and toolnumber to plc) it reads in tooldata for tool 250 but changes toolnumber for pocket 0 to 250 and reacts as I called tool 0 (or a tool not in tooltable)

The idea is to be able to store more than 21 tools in the machine instead of having all the tool-lengthts etc on a note togheter with the tool in the toolrack.

The ideal scenario would be to be able to call tools with its toolnumber and have a corresponding tooltable in our cam-system. But if whe have to renumber them to fit tha pocket table it would also make our lives a bit easier with ~100 rigged tools outside the machine that we have to keep track of

Last edited by rhdf; 06-18-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TNC 426 seems to ignore pocket-table

The PLC program processes the data. The PLC determines the operation.

Downloads
    Uploads

did you ever figure this one out? We purchased a Bridgeport VM500 with a TN370 control. The machine parameters had the pocket table turned off but still used the tool changer. Tried turning it on to do the same as you described but got very similar results.

Have turned it back off in parameters for now.

Downloads
    Uploads

The PLC program is primitive and does not handle the pocket table.