iTNC530 backup

Thread: iTNC530 backup

Downloads
    Uploads

Post iTNC530 backup

Hi All,

I am new to this Section. We have some new Milling Machines with Heidenhain iTNC530 controllers and I need to make backups of all program/parameters and plc program.

I am not sure if anyone is familiar with these systems and could possibly give me the procedure to do this. The operator manual is confusing.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: iTNC530 backup

Hi,

It is quite simple through a software called TNCRemo - this is available for download from the Heidenhain website. Its quite easy to use- please PM or post here if you need any help.

Regards

Jaideep

Downloads
    Uploads

How to connect iTNC530 with PC , for example it required cable, and so on

Downloads
    Uploads

HI.
    First, are you working with machine? If yes it means you are connected. and what kind of connection do you have? LAN or Rs?
    if its LAN, I have a machine with 530i.
    Here is what I do.

I start TNCREMO, there are 2 white area, 1 is in your computer and the folder that you put *.H files, the other is the HDD of machine,
    Both have address in top.

In lower area click on address bar and type plc:\
    it goes to plc. the password is: 807667
    now copy one by one folders and paste in your pc. do not copy all. it doesn't work. one by one.

be careful here.
    good luck.

iTNC530 backup-ssharbaf-png

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iTNC530 backup-ssharbaf-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

And here is the ethernet connection:
    iTNC530 backup-jpgiTNC530 backup-b-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iTNC530 backup-jpg   iTNC530 backup-b-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Dear BrendanDixon,

While the procedure given out by everyone here is correct, I would suggest doing one additional thing beyond what has been mentioned - I would suggest you remove the hard disk from your machine (the controller would have a blue/grey tray below, in which the hard disk is located) and make a ghost backup of the disk by connecting it to your computer with a hard disk to usb cable. This should be done after following the steps mentioned by the other members here.

While the backup through TNCRemo will take care of your parameters and PLC, it would not take care of your system software if your hard disk crashed. I have one dead machine at the moment as the hard disk is unrecoverable. if the hard drive crashed, It would be like having all your data backup up but no windows/mac os to load it back onto.

Its quite straight forward to do- if you need any help i'll be happy to guide you as and when needed

Best regards

Jaideep