edit tool database on a PC

Thread: edit tool database on a PC

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    The following problem is:
    We want to update our database on all machine (2x DMU DMU 835 V 635 V 1x 1x 1x Hermle C30U C40U Hermle).
    This includes approximately 100 tools (maybe a few more).
    Until now this has been entered individually on each machine.
    Now my question:
    Surely I can create a tool database with the itnc530 PC software and get it on the machines? However, our programmer's computers have no access rights to the TNC folder of the machine, one can only asses the PC folder from the machine and copy over the programs from there.

Can I copy them from there to the TNC folder and rename the old TOOL_P.thc (as a backup)?

Regards

Thomas

Downloads
    Uploads

hello Thomas,

Yes you can copy the tool table as a backup into another folder ... I do that as well - copy in the backup folder.
    However the TOOL_P.TCH is the pocket table. For your project: to get the same tools on all machines ,as far as I understand it, then the tool table TOOL.T would be the right one.
    Experiment also with TNCRemo from the computer.

Gruß / Regards
    CNCFanatiker
    AdminCrew

Wenn wir immer das tun was wir können, dann bleiben wir immer das was wir sind.
    If we always this act what we are able to do, then we always remain what we are.

Downloads
    Uploads

That's right. All the tools must get out of the magazine anyway, the pocket table is then automatically re-created, isn’t it?

Downloads
    Uploads

That's right. All the tools must get out of the magazine anyway, the pocket table is then automatically re-created, isn’t it?
    Well, the pocket table and tool table are two different beasts.(Generally) the pocket table won't be created automatically and must also be filled first, depending on how the tools were/will be placed into the magazine (These are then stored in the TOOL.T.)

Gruß / Regards
    CNCFanatiker
    AdminCrew

Wenn wir immer das tun was wir können, dann bleiben wir immer das was wir sind.
    If we always this act what we are able to do, then we always remain what we are.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've just tested it again. With the demo version of the iTNC 530 it can also edit it. Tomorrow I will try to pull a test file onto the machine. Let's see if this works out =)