performance-based compensation

Thread: performance-based compensation

Downloads
    Uploads

What do you think about performance-based compensation?
    Or do you already have i?
    What are your experience with it?

Kind regards Omnia

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello
    I know it from my younger years.
    In principle it’s not a bad scheme but the “personal reference” still plays a vital role!!
    The superior still says how things are done and you need to persuade him/her that everybody works differently.. even though he/she should know that ..

&quot;Lache nie über die Dummheit der anderen. Sie ist Deine Chance.&quot;<br /><!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Winston Churchill<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

hapo

I used to work in a very traditional jewellery firm that did not have any experience with the “new technique”..
    The main accountant had the unchangeable opinion that a CNC turning should have the same piecework rate as a presser or a punch operator.
    Before a fair I had to produce only prototypes and sample pieces for many weeks.
    After he saw that my performance factor drops to almost 20%, he came to see me one Friday evening and ask me about it. He said how can it be that my performance went down do dramatically because he saw that I was working incredible hard.

I tried to explain it to him but without success.
    On the same day I got an task to process 3000 very simple parts..
    So I continued my sample parts and started the new task in the meantime.. on Monday I finished that new task and it was booked in the system the same day. The accountant was completely horrified as he could not understand how I can suddenly managed 580%...

I have tried to explain it again that my performance as a programmer and tool setter doesn’t have a correct correlation with the performance of the machine.
    He then requested a detailed plan for a period of one month- he wanted me to write down how long and when I was working on a particular task.
    I wrote it down very detailed for a whole month and had a 500 pages long evaluation at the end. The accountant did not know how to use it and wanted a printed out copy in this office.
    In order to send it to his printer I required the help of the network administrator. When the printing job was send the admin next to him started laughing really hard.

The discussion about piecework rate for programmers and set up men finally stopped after this situation...