harrison alpha 400

Thread: harrison alpha 400

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default harrison alpha 400

Hello
    I just started using a harrison alpha 400 lathe with alpham software I have never used any type of cnc machine before , so I have some questions
    I can draw the part to be made on the pc and download it to the lathe but the tool number is wrong
    can I chase a thread
    can I change the spindle speed in the middle of a screw cutting cycle
    can I make it face and turn without having to press rapid traverse button
    I am having trouble finding information adout this lathe so any help will be appreciated

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

We have an alpha lathe here, its not a 400 but I think it will work the same.
    The tool number is applied when saving the file on the pc along with the co ordinates for tool change position. We can chase only external threads, using a feature of our alpha mode on the lathe. You cannot change the spindle speed when screwcutting, on our machine the speed is selected and locked. Our machine has a step by step mode and auto mode for alpha cam mode, but have never tried facing and then turning as one op will have a go when I have a bit of spare time.