Harrison Alpha 550S plus spindle speed monitor alarm 15

Thread: Harrison Alpha 550S plus spindle speed monitor alarm 15

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Harrison Alpha 550S plus spindle speed monitor alarm 15

Hello everyone i need some help with my Harrison alpha 550s
    when i start it up it gives me spindle speed monitor alarm 15 manual says encoder or encoder cable ive tested encoder it is fine tested the cables also no problems there. what is funny is acording to manual this fault will appear when marker pulse is missed while spindle running.my spindle cant run as the alarm switch off the power to spindle drive and alarm comes up on startup of control
    in the cabinet at the back is a io board from harrison with a small cpu board with a red led that flashes fast.the encoder signals go to this board through a 26ls32 ic wich i tested and is ok
    how do i diagnose this problem please help How do i get in diagnostic mode

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Harrison Alpha 550S plus spindle speed monitor alarm 15

Quote Originally Posted by jannie@eelectro View Post
    Hello everyone i need some help with my Harrison alpha 550s
    when i start it up it gives me spindle speed monitor alarm 15 manual says encoder or encoder cable ive tested encoder it is fine tested the cables also no problems there. what is funny is acording to manual this fault will appear when marker pulse is missed while spindle running.my spindle cant run as the alarm switch off the power to spindle drive and alarm comes up on startup of control
    in the cabinet at the back is a io board from harrison with a small cpu board with a red led that flashes fast.the encoder signals go to this board through a 26ls32 ic wich i tested and is ok
    how do i diagnose this problem please help How do i get in diagnostic mode
    If you are sure the encoder and the encoder cables are fine, then maybe you can check the CNC controller of the spindle driver.

http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Harrison Alpha 550S plus spindle speed monitor alarm 15

The spindle drive is working if i manuall set to run its not a fanuc drive its mitsubishi
    some how i thing the controller think the spindle is running that is why the alarm the alarm then switch off power to spindle drive
    as i understand there is a procedure to get into diagnostig and alarm pages for harrison alpha lathes not the normal fanuc diagnostic page
    i need to know this procedure so i can see what is the problem