Help with the Harrison Alpha 550 machine - "SERVO ALARM" - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with the Harrison Alpha 550 machine - "SERVO ALARM"

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help with the Harrison Alpha 550 machine - "SERVO ALARM"

Hi John
    Please send me a message with your mobile number on it as I may need to talk you through the diagnosis

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi John
    That serial number indicates it is an Alpha S have you checked what the alarm is by switching it over to the Fanuc side

Hi mbservice. Our alpha 550, with a 21-TB, just started doing the same thing as the original poster. Both axis are giving a servo alarm and the 21-TB lights up a red light alarm in the 2nd spot. I'm not sure how to enter diagnostics and alarms on this. Could you please help me?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello All

New to this and the FANUC GE on Harrison Alpha 400, 1996, need help with SERVO alarm just bought machine not knowing anything about these, thought I could apply the knowledge of FANUC OT etc, I am very wrong, so purchased without manuals.

I don't know if you have to home these like for the Old Colchester CNC 2000 machines, Hardware very similar but software not.

Any advice would be helpful plus manuals, from this thread on the forum there is a method for placing into diagnostics for troubleshooting etc.

Any help and advice very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Ian

Downloads
    Uploads

I now have the original manuals and, it is pointing to the I/O or main board, managed to work out the diagnostics.
    I am seeing all the contactors closed except K3, this turns the power on for the Servo drives. Traced through the 110V circuit, looks link a serial link into CP3 through the two servos.

I assumed the electrical circuit will complete when, guessing, the Main FANUC control turns them on, I don't have the details for the circuits within the servos.

Tested the solenoid for K3 and that operates fine.

I cleaned out the PCB's for the control and I/O, came up with parity error, I have managed to reset the memory, but now have no parameters and get a screen full of servo messages like 'error detecting servo'.

Only thing I cannot seem to do is get the machine back into manual mode, it is sitting in MDI with errors on the screen

Any advice would be appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone i need some help with my Harrison alpha 550s
    when i start it up it gives me spindle speed monitor alarm 15 manual says encoder or encoder cable ive tested encoder it is fine tested the cables also no problems there. what is funny is acording to manual this fault will appear when marker pulse is missed while spindle running.my spindle cant run as the alarm switch off the power to spindle drive and alarm comes up on startup of control
    in the cabinet at the back is a io board from harrison with a small cpu board with a red led that flashes fast.the encoder signals go to this board through a 26ls32 ic wich i tested and is ok
    how do i diagnose this problem please help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12