Harrison Alpha 400 - fully auto?

Thread: Harrison Alpha 400 - fully auto?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Harrison Alpha 400 - fully auto?

Hi everyone,

I have been running a Harrison alpha 400 with alpha win CAM software for about 2 years now, it has always run in semi-auto mode (flick lever for feed move and press rapid for rapid move). Does anyone know if these can be run in full auto mode? so I should only have to push a button when changing tool?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jack

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Harrison Alpha 400 - fully auto?

If anyone is also trying to do this, I have figured out how! I think the alpha 400 plus lathes have a separate panel for writing a full G-code programme. But to do it on an ordinary 400:

Go into C: drive on computer, go into alpha cam, programmes, open the programme you want in word or notepad, remove all M11 M13 and M15's APART FROM the first M11 (leave that in), save your file again in programmes and then load prog into lathe!

I believe the stops are a safety feature so you can always run the programme with the stops in first to make sure it wont crash, then take them out after you have peace of mind.

Best Wishes,

Jack