new guy with an accuslide

Thread: new guy with an accuslide

Downloads
    Uploads

Default new guy with an accuslide

I just purchased an accuide from a machine wholesaler. Its not the rocksolid version even though I wish it was, lol. It has a fagor8025 controller and it came with a manual but the manual doesn't go very in depth into parameter setting. I don't have the machine home yet but it seems as though the controller thinks its at the x-axis limit all the time. I went into parameters and changed the value in the controller at the guys shop where I was testing it out. I just wanna know what the actual values are supposed to be? After I changed the values I could finally run my program and the machines works awesome! It should be up and running in my garage by next week. Hopefully someone on here will know the answer. Also, is there anything else I should look at servicing or doing to the machine before I start running it? Someone mentioned something about axis drive motors burning up and putting resetable fuses in line? Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, the machine wholesaler got in over his head with this sale or trade or whatever it was he was doing. Basically, I paid him for the machine but never received it when it was supposed to be delivered. I went and played around with the machine at the facility who owned it at the time to make sure it worked. When it came to delivery time though the shop wouldnt let go of it until my machine guy gave them whatever they were trading for. Apparently, he couldnt deliver or theyre being shady, those facts are still unclear.

I dont care at this point because, what I got from the wholesaler was a whole lot more than I bargained for! He told me to just come pickup the rocksolid machine he had in his shop currently!! I was blown away!!!

So, now I have an even better machine for the same price and its been freshly rebuilt! Heres some pics

Downloads
    Uploads

thats a nice little setup for home use.

Downloads
    Uploads

Don't know how familiar you are with that control. It is weird if use to running a Fanuc. However they are pretty nice once you learn them.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fagor is god controll for a low price

Downloads
    Uploads

I am liking it so far! Its a lil finiky at times or its just me not doing sequences right, i am not 100% certain yet. Also, haven't found a good place for tool holders for this thing or maybe even a gang tool block of sorts? The only gang tool blocks I can find are for screw machines or for limited single post style CNC lathes. Any tips or links guys?

Downloads
    Uploads

i would search ebay for tool holders. omniturn has a large variety of stuff available that will work with your machine. ultimately i would check if your tooling height is 1/2 or 3/8. i think thats the only option.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the same setup with an Accuslide and Fagor 8025 which I have been using as a second op machine for a couple of years now. Once you get used to the funky Fagor programming it quite a little machine.

They www.gangturn.com for tool blocks or make them your self. You do need to know the tool height 3/8" or 1/2" O/C. Get yourself a couple of quality left hand boring bars, mount them upside down for O/D turning, this will keep your programing on the + side of X and will be less confusing and less chance of a crash. Speaking of crashes, always start your 1st positioning move in the X axis first, this will prevent tool crashes if your tools are set to different lengths.

If your going to do any tapping, do a Ebay search for a Hardinge TT style releasing tap holder with a 5/8" shank, their pricey but will last forever. Don't waste your money on anything else but a Harding tap holder, every other one i have used will be junk in no time.

If you PM me with your Email address, I'll send you a simplified Fagor programming manual (from another machine builder using Fagors) with many examples of how each program should be formatted.

Enjoy your new machine!

Downloads
    Uploads

So, my rebuilt machine turns out to be not so rebuilt when the z drive motor burned up in less than a few months! I spent about a month and a half trying to get a hold of someone whom still made parts for these drive motors. I contacted the original manufacturer and managed to track down the rebuild parts. I bought two sets of rebuild parts just in case the other one went out and I had to do this again in the future. I am finally getting around to putting the new parts together and I wanted to document the process on here for others whom might wanna do the same.
    I was also fortunate to find a RENCO encoder inside these bad boys! My old co-worker used to work for RENCO and hooked me up with a few at cost as well, lol!
    I have to order some resettable breakers still before I put everything back together because I don't want to burn up another drive motor. Does anyone have an idea of what a good amperage would be for the breaker?

Anyway, after I find the breakers I will post up my rebuild of the motors for everyone to see.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Accuslide

I sure would like to find one of these Accuslides to tinker with. Preferably just the iron, no control....
    If anyone has one they decided not to mess with or one on the fritz, let me know.

Marty
    Mesa, AZ

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

nismopu... I know exactly where that machine came from. I used to work for a company called Atlas Engineering in Kent, Ohio. We bought that exact machine new in the late 90s. Yes, you have the machine we owned... I was the guy that not only ran that machine, I was also the person taking care of it. The seperate start button on the outer cabinet gave it away when I saw pictures of it. I installed that button when the control face started to fail and the face start button would no longer work.
    It is actually a RockSolid version of these machines. The accuslide version was a regular Hardinge DV-59 retrofit or a even smaller version of the DV-59 with that package and also had smaller servo motors. If you have any questions about that exact machine, give me a yell... I can tell you how it was used and how much it was under service......
    Take Car
    Rod
    chevy4x41967@sbcglobal.net

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Accuslide Servo voltage

I found an accuslide, no control, just the motors. The are Baldor MTE-3363-BLBCN which are rated for 100vdc nominal and 4.8a. Does anyone that has one of these machines know what voltage the servo power supply is? I want to track down a pair of amps and build or buy a power supply. I plan on a PC based control since I dont have the Fagor control. Thanks in advance.
    Marty

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Captdave View Post
    I have the same setup with an Accuslide and Fagor 8025 which I have been using as a second op machine for a couple of years now. Once you get used to the funky Fagor programming it quite a little machine.

They Engineered Concepts for tool blocks or make them your self. You do need to know the tool height 3/8" or 1/2" O/C. Get yourself a couple of quality left hand boring bars, mount them upside down for O/D turning, this will keep your programing on the + side of X and will be less confusing and less chance of a crash. Speaking of crashes, always start your 1st positioning move in the X axis first, this will prevent tool crashes if your tools are set to different lengths.

If your going to do any tapping, do a Ebay search for a Hardinge TT style releasing tap holder with a 5/8" shank, their pricey but will last forever. Don't waste your money on anything else but a Harding tap holder, every other one i have used will be junk in no time.

If you PM me with your Email address, I'll send you a simplified Fagor programming manual (from another machine builder using Fagors) with many examples of how each program should be formatted.

Enjoy your new machine!

If your still on here and possibly have the programming manual still, I could most certainly use it.