Hi!
I picked up cheap 1995 Hardinge conquest t51 lathe, witch was in quite bad condition. I have fixed most of mechanical problems, but there are still some issues need to be addressed.

1. Where this sheet metal part goes? I sent some parts to sandblasting and paint, but now can't find place for this part. There's small possibility that it could be painted gray originally. Any specific pictures of this part in correct place would be helpful.

2. My machine has full C-axis, but it doesn't seem to respond my position commands. It might be user error also, because I am not familiar with this controller (Fanuc 18T) and machine. M23 punched in MDI locks spindle and whining servo noise sounds, but machine won't respond to C commands. What is the correct and easiest way to test c-axis?

3. What should be the pressure of bijur lubricator? Sometimes I get "lubrication fail" alarm for some reason.

4. How is the main spindle bearings lubricated? Only air line seems to go to headstock. Is it grease packed? Should it be maintained somehow?

5. Witch is the correct way to perform turret rotational alignment? Dialing the bottom face of tool slots in turret or bolt on internal tool block and dial round role?

6. Pretty sure there are more to come...

Any help and ideas are welcome!