Need Help! Another Parts Counter question (GT27, 32i-Model A)

Thread: Another Parts Counter question (GT27, 32i-Model A)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Another Parts Counter question (GT27, 32i-Model A)

Please be kind... I have searched through here before asking this.

Our part counter is not counting parts.

We have an auto-loaded machine, and so run in "repeat" mode. We use the part counter for end-of-shift part totals from each machine. We use this on two other GT27s without issue.

What should happen, according to the machine manuals (and according to our 2 other GT27s) is when reading M97 at the end of the program, the part counter should increase by 1.

What is happening is not that. The part counter remains at zero.

I can manually set values for "Parts Required" and "Part Count" but the neither the M97 or the M30 at the end of the program cause the value to increase. I have placed values in both the Part Count and the Parts Required fields, but the values never change.

Setting PCM to "1" as suggested in several threads about this (albeit on other model controls) does not change the behaviour (yes, I power cycled the machine just to be certain.)
    On this machine, the bit labeled "PCM" is the 0th bit of parameter 300, but the actual values for "Parts Count," "Parts Total," and "Parts Required" are in parameters 6711, 6712, and 6713.

The machine manual clearly shows M97 as being all that is required, and the comments I've read on here suggest that if the M97 doesn't do it, then the M30 certainly should.

If anyone could recommend what to check next, it would be greatly appreciated.

The last bit of the program:

Code:
    N360Z2.800 
    N370M22
    N375G04U0.5M46 
    N380M47
    N390M98P3

M97(PART COUNT)

M30