Hello everyone,

Thought I would chime in here and tell everyone that I have a Conquest T42 too. As a matter of fact, I bought it a year ago and have been "restoring" it. Had to take the sub-spindle closer apart and un-freeze it. For whatever reason, the drawtube was seized with rust, shellac, pitting... gawd it was fugly, but I got it all cleaned up and it's working perfectly now. Compared
to my old CHNC-1, this thing moves like the devil. Scares the crap out of me when it lurches toward the spindle, even in dry-run mode.

Say, um... does anyone have an example of a sub-spindle to main spindle transfer program? One that actually works? I'm following the example in the programmer's manual on page 16-9, but the G10 P0 Y-n.nnnn command doesn't seem to be working. The sub-spindle moves in absolute coordinates regardless of the work offset programmed. The Z work offset works as expected, but I can't seem to affect the Y offset.

[Whoops. This was supposed to be a reply to a different thread, but it looks like I started another.]