Anyone using a MANUAL chuck on their CHNC lathe?

Thread: Anyone using a MANUAL chuck on their CHNC lathe?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Anyone using a MANUAL chuck on their CHNC lathe?

I just bought a CHNC-1 that is being shipped in the next few days and I'm looking for a manual chuck to fit the A2-5 spindle, or an adapter plate to mount a manual chuck on an A2-5 spindle. If you are using a MANUAL chuck on your CHNC-I, II, III or Quest lathes, could you kindly post the brand and model number (and, if applicable, the adapter plate.)

I saw an HM306-5E on Ebay, but the -5E appears to be from a completely different machine and mechanism. Too bad... the price was perfect.

Thanks everyone - it seems reasonable; hopefully someone out there will have done this.

Torin...

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by torinwalker; 04-01-2012 at 12:01 AM.

I know the original post is ten years old but I’m in the process of setting up a chnc iii with a bison chuck . I can’t find any info . Can I cap the air lines to the collet closer and turn off a parameter so I can run without it and it’s major air loss so my compressor isn’t constantly running?

Quote Originally Posted by torinwalker View Post
    I just bought a CHNC-1 that is being shipped in the next few days and I'm looking for a manual chuck to fit the A2-5 spindle, or an adapter plate to mount a manual chuck on an A2-5 spindle. If you are using a MANUAL chuck on your CHNC-I, II, III or Quest lathes, could you kindly post the brand and model number (and, if applicable, the adapter plate.)

I saw an HM306-5E on Ebay, but the -5E appears to be from a completely different machine and mechanism. Too bad... the price was perfect.

Thanks everyone - it seems reasonable; hopefully someone out there will have done this.

Torin...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone using a MANUAL chuck on their CHNC lathe?

I picked up a used Buck power chuck and made an adapter to fit into the 16C collet holder.

Anyone using a MANUAL chuck on their CHNC lathe?-2-jpgAnyone using a MANUAL chuck on their CHNC lathe?-1-jpgAnyone using a MANUAL chuck on their CHNC lathe?-3-jpg

Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28