White Papers; Highspeed milling with small tools

Thread: White Papers; Highspeed milling with small tools

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default White Papers; Highspeed milling with small tools

Our company recently finished 5 white papers that explain OUR thoughts on the below subjects.

Some of this information may be of interest for small part Mfg.

The downloadable PDF files on each subject can be found at: www.highspeedcnc.com

CLICK: News, then scroll to WHITE PAPERS for these topics:

*Batch Machining
    This white paper focuses on batch machining and "lights-out" production as they apply to high-speed machining with micro-tooling.

*Environmental
    This white paper identifies two aspects of high-speed machining that can adversely effect both the environment and a company’s bottom-line. Conversely, it then focuses on features of particular micro-tooling machines that inherently yield both environmental and economic benefits.

*High Speed Milling with Micro-tools
    This white paper outlines the benefits of using high-speed machining with micro-tooling operations when dealing with non-ferrous metals and plastics.

*PC Based Controls
    This white paper explores the benefits of PC-based controls for use on machines that conduct high-speed machining with micro-tooling. The paper’s intent is to prove that PC-based controls for such machines are absolutely essential in today’s changing manufacturing market.

*Probing
    This white paper covers machine probes used during the process of high-speed machining with micro-tooling and explains how to apply the advanced probing technology to everyday high-speed machining challenges.

Similar Threads:
    Robert Murphy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default nice company

Hello,

I`m a student Automotive Engineering from the Netherlands and want to make a nice small milling machine on my own.
    A few weeks ago there was a demo from datron Germany in my city and offcourse i was there, on this forum there isn`t a lot to read about milling aluminium at hf technique and making youre own machine.
    I don`t have the money for a "small Raptor" 45000dollar.
    The machine i want to design is based on THK HSR15 rails, Double rails and two trucks per rail (per axle), also some nice Thk ground ballscrews.
    The spindel for the small mills i want to use is from NSK (astro 500Z 270Watt 50000rpm).
    For the controlling system servo`s are a must for speed, but there is a company in the Netherlands that has a revolutionairie technique for high power/fast steppers. http://www.marketplace.nl/sensa/index.html

The basics design off the machine is going to be alu. 7075 t6 replica,
    the design is made and calculated on Solidworks Cad and cosmosworks stress simulation, i also have solidcam2005 and now how to use it.

The cooling i want to use is form http://www.microjet.de/
    also almost the same as Datron.

Since you`re a member of Datron USA maybe you can shine a light on the possibility off making a machine like the specs above, would it be possible at all or am i throwing away my money.
    It hasn`t to be that precise at all it only has to work a bit. ?!?!?!?!?!

The Datron are real nice machines but the price is high for a student.
    The travel for me only has to be xyz 10, 4, 4 inches.

i now there isn`t a simple anwser but any reply would be very appriciated.
    The budget is about 10000 Dollar.
    Machine idea is a bit off a Minitech.
    Kind regards,

Roy Bakker
    The Netherlands.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Whitepapers

Really nice whitepapers by the way, iread them a few weeks ago on the German site,
    Three basics right:
    - Machine design, Light, Fast and Rigged.
    - Hf spindel, over 25000 rpm, small tooling.
    - the right cooling.