Lathe VQC

Thread: Lathe VQC

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Lathe VQC

Any one have any thoughts or comments on the VQC for the Haas lathes? I personally think they are a waste of time on the lathe. There are very few templates that fit the need. All I found was that they gave me a start on how the machine program fromat works. I just hand code it now and its a lot faster.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by MojosMachine; 08-13-2006 at 09:06 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

For some reason I hate VQC on the lathes as well but love it on the mill. However I love the intuitive programming on the lathe but dislike it on the mills. Sounds weird but

Downloads
    Uploads

I do find that the VQC on the lathe is worthless. With the canned cycles built in to the machine I have been able to hand program most of our parts at the control quicker than I can generate them on my cad/cam. I have done so little cad/cam for lathes that I can hard code them faster with the can cycles.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default haas lathe vqc empty spots

has anyone tried to modify visual quick code to fit their own templates?
    it seems like it should be doable when i look at the code but i dont claim to be an expert or necessarily even conversant.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ChsBrown View Post
    has anyone tried to modify visual quick code to fit their own templates?
    it seems like it should be doable when i look at the code but i dont claim to be an expert or necessarily even conversant.

Call you local dealer and have them e-mail you the "Template Builder." Haas has a set of instructions for building your own templates for the mill and lathe.

Ask them for a copy of the VQC for PC as well. This is a program for a Windows OS PC that allows you to use VQC on your PC.

Loose Nut

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

take a look at this document : http://rapidshare.com/files/84292808/374VQC.zip.html maybe it will help a little .

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply, I did find those items on the HAAS web site. I am not real sure how to proceed, but will fool with it as time permits. THANKS AGAIN

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool VQC lathe

I made these updated templates for a lathe, not from the factory.

Attached Files Attached Files

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

VQC is a good tool for Haas owners who do not know much about programming,but what to do simple jobs when regular Programmer in on leave or absent

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Haas VQC

I ended up needing to help my lathe buddies so I wrote a bunch of templates for the TL2 and SL20. The templates were tailored to what we all needed, and eliminated all of that crap code that you have to edit every time you use a template. I made the time (my own time) to design the templates. I'd say there is a 20 hour learning curve for someone with Cad experience and PC "basic" or NC Macro programming experience.

The speed bumps are actually drawing your template and learning the macro language used to make the simple calculations. I used bobcad (any simple cad or even graph paper would work) to make the graphic template. There are complex calculations you can work with (trig) but I never got past the simple stuff. Haas has an 80 character limit so sometimes you need to have a macro machine to output the actual code you desire. (when you get crazy with multi line threading and so on)

Just save a copy of your O9997 program or dupicate it as O9998 etc then go to town on O9997 which is the active VQC that gets read on the control.

I added templates for my company like: OD and ID notch, cutoff with radius on backside or cham on backside, Macro option enabled threading for metric or standard where the operator inputs Dia, Pitch and Z (yeah thats all!) And I added a "front 45" for bores so the operator can define a chamfer at the beginning of a bore.

I offered the code on ebay (its still up there) and I offer support, but no one seems to look much and I've only had a couple buyers in many months. I would put it up for free, but I figured I'd charge 50 bucks for support (which I think is worth it!)

Vqc is one of those things that you don't just learn in a day, but it sure is fun to tinker with and it just takes time reading and experimenting with.

Well worth it! I bet that machine isn't going anywhere anytime soon!

I'll be happy to answer questions because this VQC edit thing sure is a great way to make Haas lathes get running FAST!

-Chi-Town

Jet engine is next!
    http://www.floridaame.org/GalleryPages/g1m0186.htm

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    we have a working macro for chamfering a part where the starting x of the chamfer is unknown (other than 45 degrees). but it won't work in Quickcode. any ideas?
    here is the formula:
    (G01 X[#DIA-[[Tan[#A]*#Z]*2.]])
    (X#DIA A-#A)

thanks
    stefan

Last edited by stefan2108; 07-16-2009 at 04:52 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

according to HAAS you can only use simple math (+-/*) in quickcode.
    disappointing to say the least.....