HAAS VF7 SPINDLE OVERLOAD 200% HELP

Thread: HAAS VF7 SPINDLE OVERLOAD 200% HELP

Downloads
    Uploads

Default HAAS VF7 SPINDLE OVERLOAD 200% HELP

Hey people! I’m in need of help with my VF7/50.
    It’s 2011 machine, we just got it out of auction. After installation I turned on the machine and wanted to run a warm up program, As soon as spindle start turning it shows me a 200% overload, with no tools in it. It spins freely by hand, I checked the encoder (it was very dirty and oily, but it works) I clean it and installed it back to the spindle. The encoder seems like giving a right measuring to the computer when I spin the spindle by hand. I checked the eye delta contractor, it looks good, no signs of any damage. Voltage going in and out, same voltage at all pins. All three phases reaches the spindle motor. So no meter what number of rpm’s up to 1000 It spins 10 rpm. If I program it to go 2000 rpm it spins 40-60 rpm.
    I’m struggling with it for a few days already, please help me with any advice or thoughts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HAAS VF7 SPINDLE OVERLOAD 200% HELP

Is the spindle driven by a belt? We had a little Mori that had most of the small V Belts come apart and it had trouble reaching speed and had no cutting power.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, did you solve the problem?
    I Have an older VF3 with the exact same issue

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Srgbjj View Post
    It’s 2011 machine, we just got it out of auction. After installation I turned on the machine and wanted to run a warm up program, As soon as spindle start turning it shows me a 200% overload, with no tools in it. It spins freely by hand, I checked the encoder (it was very dirty and oily, but it works) I clean it and installed it back to the spindle. The encoder seems like giving a right measuring to the computer when I spin the spindle by hand. I checked the eye delta contractor, it looks good, no signs of any damage. Voltage going in and out, same voltage at all pins. All three phases reaches the spindle motor. So no meter what number of rpm’s up to 1000 It spins 10 rpm. If I program it to go 2000 rpm it spins 40-60 rpm.
    I’m struggling with it for a few days already, please help me with any advice or thoughts.
    I think you need to check the motor windings to ground and phase to phase. There could be a short, possibly moisture in the motor from storage. Disconnect the motor cables and check with a Megger ohm meter.

If the motor checks out, suspect the drive transistors or other.

Last edited by servtech; 01-26-2023 at 03:57 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Srgbjj View Post
    How are you powering the machine with a 3Ph supply or a RPC.

Mactec54