HAAS Feed issue

Thread: HAAS Feed issue

Downloads
    Uploads

Default HAAS Feed issue

Good morning, Thanks for adding me.

Disclosure, I am fairly new to machining, my job sort of forced me into it.

We have a HAAS TM3P mill. We use Mastercam software. I am having an issue with the feed rate not seeming to change. I wrote a mill program for a part, feed rate was 91 IPM. I then wrote the program again, changing end mills and parameters, and the new feed rate is about 150 IPM. Problem is, the run time is exactly the same for both programs, about 5 minutes. I have searched for parameters that might be limiting the feed rate, the only one I have found is #59, and it is set to 400. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HAAS Feed issue

Quote Originally Posted by StanMyers View Post
    Good morning, Thanks for adding me.

Disclosure, I am fairly new to machining, my job sort of forced me into it.

We have a HAAS TM3P mill. We use Mastercam software. I am having an issue with the feed rate not seeming to change. I wrote a mill program for a part, feed rate was 91 IPM. I then wrote the program again, changing end mills and parameters, and the new feed rate is about 150 IPM. Problem is, the run time is exactly the same for both programs, about 5 minutes. I have searched for parameters that might be limiting the feed rate, the only one I have found is #59, and it is set to 400. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    How do you have it in the program, may be by your part design it can't reach the 150IPM for this job with a 6,000 RPM spindle what are you cutting at 150IPM

Mactec54