Need Help! Print current tool list to file on USB

Thread: Print current tool list to file on USB

Default Print current tool list to file on USB

Hi,
    Probably a simple question with a simple solution but how can I send a file (txt. or excel) to a usb drive that replicates what is shown in the tool offsets page

Machine is a 2yo VF-2 with a 20 pocket umbrella tool changer which does a lot off one off jobs so I'm always changing out tools and when programming new jobs I'm constantly going to the machine to check

that the tool in my Mastercam lib matches what is actually in the changer.

Having a printed list in front of me off what the current tool set is would make my life easier.

I have looked a videos about DPRNT but don't understand how to get just the tool offset page to a file, and if it will only output text can that be in a CSV format that can be dumped into excel to make it easier to read?

TIA

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Print current tool list to file on USB

Run an error report by pressing <SHIFT> + <F3>. Running the error report creates an error report "error######. zip" file. Open the zip file and look for the file named "Offsets.OFS". This is a XML file that can be opened using spreadsheet. All tool offsets are listed in mm. It will take a little work to clean it up but all the info you need is there.

There might be an easier way but this is how I do it.