2012 Haas VF-1 - Alarm 134 Tool Clamp Fault

Thread: 2012 Haas VF-1 - Alarm 134 Tool Clamp Fault

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 2012 Haas VF-1 - Alarm 134 Tool Clamp Fault

Hello.

Been getting an alarm whenever I try to pick up a tool from the umbrella while the spindle is empty.

I removed the filters on the solenoids and cleaned everything with the same results.

I think I narrowed it down to the tool unclamp switch to the right of the spindle. The switch works properly when I test it, but if there is no tool in the spindle the light stays on while I activate the unclamp switch. If there is a tool in the spindle and I press the tool release switch, the light goes off momentarily.

I am thinking whatever has to move in order to activate the switch, is not moving far enough when the tool is not in place. Could it be a broken spring? Or anything else?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by R1_pilot View Post
    Hello.

Been getting an alarm whenever I try to pick up a tool from the umbrella while the spindle is empty.

I removed the filters on the solenoids and cleaned everything with the same results.

I think I narrowed it down to the tool unclamp switch to the right of the spindle. The switch works properly when I test it, but if there is no tool in the spindle the light stays on while I activate the unclamp switch. If there is a tool in the spindle and I press the tool release switch, the light goes off momentarily.

I am thinking whatever has to move in order to activate the switch, is not moving far enough when the tool is not in place. Could it be a broken spring? Or anything else?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    See attached picture.

The part the red arrow is pointing to is not moving down far enough.

We found one of the hoses coming out of the unclamp tool solenoid was plugged shut with some sticky grease. Almost impossible to clean. Could this be causing our issue? We are trying to clean that out now to test that theory.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully the attachments worked. I apologize, but I am new to posting after lurking for many years.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 Haas VF-1 - Alarm 134 Tool Clamp Fault-bb03fce8-8a2d-43e6-b427-d95854ada9bf-jpg   2012 Haas VF-1 - Alarm 134 Tool Clamp Fault-539b114f-b621-4acf-b7b7-154485b72d3e-jpg   2012 Haas VF-1 - Alarm 134 Tool Clamp Fault-23ad14ac-b61e-490c-96db-c56a3a55ca47-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 2012 Haas VF-1 - Alarm 134 Tool Clamp Fault

Ok. I think its fixed.

Ended up being the unclamp proximity switch not being able to register. I moved it closer and now it works fine.

I wonder if these switches lose range over time as no one had moved it since the machine was built. I will probably buy a spare one just in case.