Need Help! 1998 HAAS VF-EXT Lost all Parameters. HELP!!!

Thread: 1998 HAAS VF-EXT Lost all Parameters. HELP!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 1998 HAAS VF-EXT Lost all Parameters. HELP!!!

After leaving for vacation for 3 weeks, my battery died and I lost all parameters. I added the backup battery kit, so that is resolved...but now my mill is a 8000lb brick.

Here is a list of my faults after boot up:

102 SERVOS OFF
    201 PARAMETER CRC ERROR
    203 LEAD SCREW CRC ERROR
    204 OFFSET CRC ERROR
    261 ROTARY CRC ERROR
    205 PROGRAMS CRC ERROR
    250 PROGRAM DATA ERROR
    212 PROGRAM INTEGRITY ERROR
    149 SPINDLE TURNING
    120 LOW AIR PRESSURE
    122 CONTROL OVER HEAT
    119 OVER VOLTAGE

I have no backup- The dead battery came on without warning while I was gone. There is no spare backup disk in the E-cabinet of this age machine. I called HAAS and they do not have backup files for my S/N. Their only solution was to send out someone for service. I'm still awaiting that quote, but I'm sure it will be expensive and out of my reach.

Is there ANY other way I can get some of these basic parameters???

I'm a brand new startup company and cant really afford a stupid error like this, but if someone can point me in the right direction, I'd be most appreciative. Give me instruction on setting parameters, offsets, etc. Anything.

I've attached a couple shots of my monitor.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1998 HAAS VF-EXT Lost all Parameters. HELP!!!-20220112_145214-jpg   1998 HAAS VF-EXT Lost all Parameters. HELP!!!-20220112_145130-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 1998 HAAS VF-EXT Lost all Parameters. HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by reapertactical View Post
    After leaving for vacation for 3 weeks, my battery died and I lost all parameters. I added the backup battery kit, so that is resolved...but now my mill is a 8000lb brick.

Here is a list of my faults after boot up:

102 SERVOS OFF
    201 PARAMETER CRC ERROR
    203 LEAD SCREW CRC ERROR
    204 OFFSET CRC ERROR
    261 ROTARY CRC ERROR
    205 PROGRAMS CRC ERROR
    250 PROGRAM DATA ERROR
    212 PROGRAM INTEGRITY ERROR
    149 SPINDLE TURNING
    120 LOW AIR PRESSURE
    122 CONTROL OVER HEAT
    119 OVER VOLTAGE

I have no backup- The dead battery came on without warning while I was gone. There is no spare backup disk in the E-cabinet of this age machine. I called HAAS and they do not have backup files for my S/N. Their only solution was to send out someone for service. I'm still awaiting that quote, but I'm sure it will be expensive and out of my reach.

Is there ANY other way I can get some of these basic parameters???

I'm a brand new startup company and cant really afford a stupid error like this, but if someone can point me in the right direction, I'd be most appreciative. Give me instruction on setting parameters, offsets, etc. Anything.

I've attached a couple shots of my monitor.
    Also, tell me if this is even possible:
    I've found another machine that is the exact model and has the same options as mine about 3 hrs away. IS IT POSSIBLE to back up to USB there and load it to mine at home? I know the exact axis offsets, spindle tool alignment, etc... will need to be altered for my machine. BUT...will it get me going?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 1998 HAAS VF-EXT Lost all Parameters. HELP!!!

Hi,

You need to clear your RAM memory first , after that your machine will boot with very basic parameters, then you need to enter in debug mode and type VF3 or VF model that you had