Haas Shuttle fault

Thread: Haas Shuttle fault

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Haas Shuttle fault

I'm having an issue with our 2004 VF-3. The proximity switches for the shuttle in and out are acting up. The switches test fine and they supply the correct voltage back to the I/O board. Though on the I/O screen they both say 1. The weird thing is that if I open the door to rear panel and wait a minute they will work right, but if i close the door I can watch the 0 turn to a 1 on the I/O screen and it will fault out. I installed all new fans and the cabinet filter thinking it was a cooling issue. I also replaced the I/O board. Still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Haas Shuttle fault

I've found that the SHUTTLE IN/SHUTTLE OUT RELAYS sometimes get sticky and the shuttle will time out. You night try cleaning the relay contacts or replacing the relays.

Downloads
    Uploads

https://www.haascnc.com/content/dam/...ual---2002.pdf
    Page 354... Shows the output section .
    Page 351 .... Shows the input

Quote Originally Posted by bahnfire18 View Post
    I'm having an issue with our 2004 VF-3. The proximity switches for the shuttle in and out are acting up. The switches test fine and they supply the correct voltage back to the I/O board. Though on the I/O screen they both say 1. The weird thing is that if I open the door to rear panel and wait a minute they will work right, but if i close the door I can watch the 0 turn to a 1 on the I/O screen and it will fault out. I installed all new fans and the cabinet filter thinking it was a cooling issue. I also replaced the I/O board. Still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you. I'll look into these cables.

Downloads
    Uploads

I think I figured it out. The new mocon board has aluminium heat sinks on one part of the board. The old one didn't. it's working fine now that I got a spare from a retired haas tech.