Can Hass Mini Mill with high voltage transformer run on 2 phase power?


Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Can Hass Mini Mill with high voltage transformer run on 2 phase power?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    386
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Can Hass Mini Mill with high voltage transformer run on 2 phase power?

    I am looking at a used mini mill with the optional high voltage 3 phase transformer. Anyone know if this mill can be run on 2 phase power with the transformer installed.

    Similar Threads:


  2. #2
    Community Moderator Al_The_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23708
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Can Hass Mini Mill with high voltage transformer run on 2 phase power?

    By 2phase I assume you mean N.A. 240v?
    If so, This is actually 1ph, you need 3 conductors for 2 phase, and even if you do have 2 phase, it will not work.
    Al.

    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

    “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    386
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Can Hass Mini Mill with high voltage transformer run on 2 phase power?

    Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    By 2phase I assume you mean N.A. 240v?
    If so, This is actually 1ph, you need 3 conductors for 2 phase, and even if you do have 2 phase, it will not work.
    Al.
    Thanks Al. I in Canada so that right is 240V. The base Haas Mini Mill runs on 240V or 3 phase with the optional factory installed 3 phase transformer. I am hoping to by pass the transformer and run 240V as I don't have 3 phase in the shop beside my house.



  4. #4
    Community Moderator Al_The_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23708
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Can Hass Mini Mill with high voltage transformer run on 2 phase power?

    What is the controller on the Haas? Fanuc?
    Al.

    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

    “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    386
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Can Hass Mini Mill with high voltage transformer run on 2 phase power?

    It has the Haas control.
    Can Hass Mini Mill with high voltage transformer run on 2 phase power?-haas-jpg

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can Hass Mini Mill with high voltage transformer run on 2 phase power?-haas-jpg  


  6. #6
    Community Moderator Al_The_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23708
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Can Hass Mini Mill with high voltage transformer run on 2 phase power?

    Any support from Haas in order to get an answer?
    Al.

    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

    “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    386
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Can Hass Mini Mill with high voltage transformer run on 2 phase power?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve303 View Post
    I am looking at a used mini mill with the optional high voltage 3 phase transformer. Anyone know if this mill can be run on 2 phase power with the transformer installed.
    That should be a nice upgrade in capability from your Novakon Pulsar. I’m jealous.



  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    386
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Can Hass Mini Mill with high voltage transformer run on 2 phase power?

    Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    Any support from Haas in order to get an answer?
    Al.
    Never received a yes or no answer from Haas or the local Haas Outlet only a maybe or maybe not. I got the feeling they don't like talking about order mills.



  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    386
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Can Hass Mini Mill with high voltage transformer run on 2 phase power?

    Quote Originally Posted by Titaniumboy View Post
    That should be a nice upgrade in capability from your Novakon Pulsar. I’m jealous.
    Not happening .... yet. Still looking - too many unknowns with this mill. I wanted to see the machine under power with a friend but the seller kept saying I could not due to covid. So I took a pass. I even reorganized my shop to make space for it.



  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12361
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Can Hass Mini Mill with high voltage transformer run on 2 phase power?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve303 View Post
    I am looking at a used mini mill with the optional high voltage 3 phase transformer. Anyone know if this mill can be run on 2 phase power with the transformer installed.
    What is the voltage of the optional High voltage transformer

    The standard Mini Mill will run fine on Single phase 240v 2 Hot wires and a Ground

    This is called single phase or split phase for NA not 2 phase

    Mactec54


  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12361
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Can Hass Mini Mill with high voltage transformer run on 2 phase power?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve303 View Post
    I am looking at a used mini mill with the optional high voltage 3 phase transformer. Anyone know if this mill can be run on 2 phase power with the transformer installed.

    How old is this machine, post some photos in the back control panel the Transformer and the disconnect

    Mactec54


  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    386
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Can Hass Mini Mill with high voltage transformer run on 2 phase power?

    Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    What is the voltage of the optional High voltage transformer

    The standard Mini Mill will run fine on Single phase 240v 2 Hot wires and a Ground

    This is called single phase or split phase for NA not 2 phase
    That's my error. Single phase is what I should have put in the title. It's a 2001 mini mill. It has been running with 3 phase with the optional transformer. No one would say with any certainty weather it would run on single phase. I've since decided to take pass on it.

    I am still looking but decided a mini mill 2 would be a better option with the 20 tool changer and additional Z height.



  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12361
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Can Hass Mini Mill with high voltage transformer run on 2 phase power?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve303 View Post
    That's my error. Single phase is what I should have put in the title. It's a 2001 mini mill. It has been running with 3 phase with the optional transformer. No one would say with any certainty weather it would run on single phase. I've since decided to take pass on it.

    I am still looking but decided a mini mill 2 would be a better option with the 20 tool changer and additional Z height.
    MiniMill2 is the best choice with the extra 4" everywhere it will run on 240v single phase also this needs to be the standard mill, none of the supper MiniMill's will run on single phase

    Mactec54


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About CNCzone.com

    We are the largest and most active discussion forum for manufacturing industry. The site is 100% free to join and use, so join today!

Follow us on


Our Brands

Can Hass Mini Mill with high voltage transformer run on 2 phase power?

Can Hass Mini Mill with high voltage transformer run on 2 phase power?

Can Hass Mini Mill with high voltage transformer run on 2 phase power?