Baffled by tool offsets, SMH

Thread: Baffled by tool offsets, SMH

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Baffled by tool offsets, SMH

Hello CNC Zone, my first post here is asking for advice but it's been a while since I got into forums and I look forward to it again.

Anyway backstory(excuse) is that I have been running machines for 10 years now, the last 4 have been an ultra precision diamond lathe(no tool changers). This has caused me to forget some things about mills I believe, this and I have never run a HAAS mill so maybe that has something to do with it. Ok so excuses done with, to the point.

We got a HAAS supermini to do some sporadic work with and I have been getting it set up. I have a Renishaw spindle probe which works great I have gotten that all set up(I think), but now here I am trying to set up tool offsets and failing entirely and I don't know why.

I probe a block to set z zero, then change to tool 1 move to work surface and edit the length offset by the difference to correct it. I go back to zero and nothing has changed. It would seem no matter what I do to the offsets it doesn't actually change the offset or the offset is just not being applied somehow. Active codes show correct tool and offset yet, nothing. I am fairly confident there is something incredibly simple I am missing here, hence the caveats at the beginning, but I might be stuck in a mental hole about it. Thank you all in advance!