VF9 Y Axis Problems

Thread: VF9 Y Axis Problems

Downloads
    Uploads

Question VF9 Y Axis Problems

Hi Guys,
    Have a problem with the y axis encoder on my haas vf9-40. Machine is 2013/14,
    The problem occurs when i go to move the y axis after referencing the machine.
    I get to move the y axis in about 2 inches and get this error, Error:424 Y Axis Secondary Encoder Position Mismatch. Have tried switching the connections for the x & y cards in the rear panel but the problem does not follow, The problem stays on the y axis. I have tested the Y drive motor my putting a piece of metal over the y prox sensor under the y axis slideway cover and referencing the machine, this causes the machine table to move in and get past the problem area. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Have attached some pictures, might help someone diagnose the problem easier.Attachment 450837VF9 Y Axis Problems-20201023_175742-jpgVF9 Y Axis Problems-20201023_175912-jpgVF9 Y Axis Problems-20201023_175921-jpg

Default Re: VF9 Y Axis Problems

haas says to cycle the power and try again, but its probably the motor itself, the cables, or maybe even the mocon, try to narrow these down.