Newbie Haas MiniMill door interlock failure

Thread: Haas MiniMill door interlock failure

Default Haas MiniMill door interlock failure

New here, just bought a 2000 MiniMill for use in a home shop.

One of the issues I ran into is an issue with the door interlock circuit. The control reports door open even though the circuit is good all the way to the IO board (so the switch itself and wire seem good). I can run the machine by using the door override setting (51) but have to do that each power-up.

I am an EE with computer design experience, scopes, etc. Does anyone know where I can find the schematic for the IO board?

Side issue: There are no o9xxx programs on the machine (specifically the QC file, 09999, and the spindle warmup routine, etc.). I suspect someone accidently cleared these when clearing the machine when they sold it. Is there a place I can get a copy of all the o9xxx programs I should have?

BTW: Anyone else in/neat Tampa operating a MiniMill?

Regards,

Chuck Hackett
    Tampa, Florida

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Haas MiniMill door interlock failure

I've been doing the same thing for years. I have yet to find a fix.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckHackett View Post
    Side issue: There are no o9xxx programs on the machine (specifically the QC file, 09999, and the spindle warmup routine, etc.). I suspect someone accidently cleared these when clearing the machine when they sold it. Is there a place I can get a copy of all the o9xxx programs I should have?
    I'm not a Haas guy but, Fadal 88HS had Service Programs stored on an EPROM that could be loaded into Part Program memory. They used O5xxx numbers. Haas must have some Code to Load them. Fadal is a simple TA,5 at the Command line.

added....found this in the manual for Haas "23 9xxx PROGS EDIT LOCK This is an On/Off setting. When it is off, the machine operates normally. When it is on, the 9000 series programs (usually macro programs) are invisible to the operator and cannot be uploaded or download. They also cannot be listed, edited, or deleted"
    https://www.haascnc.com/content/dam/...ent---2003.pdf page 269 Parameters

Last edited by machinehop5; 01-04-2020 at 03:48 PM. Reason: added Parameter and corrected

Downloads
    Uploads

New here, just bought a 2000 MiniMill for use in a home shop.

One of the issues I ran into is an issue with the door interlock circuit. The control reports door open even though the circuit is good all the way to the IO board (so the switch itself and wire seem good). I can run the machine by using the door override setting (51) but have to do that each power-up.

I am an EE with computer design experience, scopes, etc. Does anyone know where I can find the schematic for the IO board?

BTW: Anyone else in/neat Tampa operating a MiniMill?

Regards,

Chuck Hackett
    Tampa, Florida
    If there is not thumb drive in the cabinet then you could get the missing files from Haas, they will just need the machine number and they will tell you everything about that machine

You have to cycle the door before power up I have the switch made all the time so has never been a problem door open or closed, but will have to open and close it before power up

Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    added....found this in the manual for Haas "23 9xxx PROGS EDIT LOCK This is an On/Off setting. When it is off, the machine operates normally. When it is on, the 9000 series programs (usually macro programs) are invisible to the operator and cannot be uploaded or download. They also cannot be listed, edited, or deleted"
    https://www.haascnc.com/content/dam/...ent---2003.pdf page 269 Parameters
    Yup, I have that setting on so I should be able to see 9xxx progs.

One of the progs not there was the "Quick Code" (not "Visual Quick Code") prog (9999). I got a copy of that from the local dealer but have not put it in yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    If there is not thumb drive in the cabinet then you could get the missing files from Haas, they will just need the machine number and they will tell you everything about that machine
    "get the missing files from Haas" -> Who would I contact, the local office? and what exactly do I ask for? "Programs shipped with this machine", "Programs compatible with this machine"?

I looked on the HaasCNC website but I did not see anything like "Resources" under support, etc. that looked like a library of programs (utilities) one could download. Is there such a resource on the web?

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You have to cycle the door before power up I have the switch made all the time so has never been a problem door open or closed, but will have to open and close it before power up
    "before power up" ??? how would open/close the door before power up make a difference? Do you mean before pressing "Power-Up Reset"?

Downloads
    Uploads

"get the missing files from Haas" -> Who would I contact, the local office? and what exactly do I ask for? "Programs shipped with this machine", "Programs compatible with this machine"?

I looked on the HaasCNC website but I did not see anything like "Resources" under support, etc. that looked like a library of programs (utilities) one could download. Is there such a resource on the web?

"before power up" ??? how would open/close the door before power up make a difference? Do you mean before pressing "Power-Up Reset"?
    Yes it is a requirement the machine needs before it will power up ( Power-UP Reset ) Door must be Opened / Closed It will tell you this on screen if you have not done it

For the files no there will not be anywhere to down load them from, but if you call Haas customer service or your local ( HFO ) with your machine number they will tell you what your control should from have giving them the serial #

To load missing files if you don't have them call you local Haas repair ( HFO ) they may be able to help you over the phone or do a service call

https://hfophillips.com/details/pagedetails/training-us

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Yup, I have that setting on so I should be able to see 9xxx progs.
    You mean Setting 23 is OFF....right?

Last edited by machinehop5; 01-06-2020 at 03:36 PM. Reason: quote

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is warn up program. (O12020 Below)

Also a shot of the IO board. I just unplugged the door switch from P8. And jumped it as shown with common computer jumper.

This is on a 2000 mini mill. serial #21xxx

I don't remember having to do anything else. Like setting or parameters. But it has been 19 years since I installed it..

I have never had to open/close door before powering on. On any of my Haas'. But not saying that you don't, just never seen it with mine.

Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Haas MiniMill door interlock failure-mini-2020-004-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wms View Post
    Here is warn up program. (O12020 Below)

Also a shot of the IO board. I just unplugged the door switch from P8. And jumped it as shown with common computer jumper.

This is on a 2000 mini mill. serial #21xxx

I don't remember having to do anything else. Like setting or parameters. But it has been 19 years since I installed it..

I have never had to open/close door before powering on. On any of my Haas'. But not saying that you don't, just never seen it with mine.

Hope this helps.
    It's a built in safety feature you must of by passed it, or the machines that old may not of had it

Mactec54