VF-3 probe problem

Thread: VF-3 probe problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default VF-3 probe problem

I’ve been working with a Haas VF-3 withe the Renishaw 40-2 probe. This machine runs 2 ops per full program cycle. The parts are disk shaped. I wrote a routine to probe for X0, Y0 & Z0 for both parts. It has worked fine with other parts and with the current parts. The other day it began losing Z or something for the probe.

I ran the program like I had before but this time the probe gave a “Path obstructed path” warning. I ended up recalibration the probe with a 1” gauge ring. It worked fine then but when I ran the next part I had the same thing again.

After investing and getting some help we figured out that:

I can rerun the probe part of the program as many times as I want until there is a tool change and the the G43 block is ran.

When it does this (every time right now) I can clear it by running the VQC template for single touch Z location. After that it runs fine for that run.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: VF-3 probe problem

Post your program. Something sounds a bit wrong. Sometimes when batteries go out or a chip gets stuck in the tip funny stuff happens.

Downloads
    Uploads

Agreed. Post program .....

Sent from my SM-J737R4 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply. I figured out the problem. I made the mistake of turning the probe on before I ran the G43 block. I tried to make every move a safe move (G65 P9810). This does not work properly. I yields incorrect length offset for the probe. I moved the G43 block to before the probe is turned on. My offset is correct every time now. I just made sure that the move is to a Z that would never be near the part.

Thank you for your attempt to help me.