Haas TR160 Platter Removal

Thread: Haas TR160 Platter Removal

Default Haas TR160 Platter Removal

Hi All,

I am in need of removing the platter from my TR160 trunnion rotary. I believe I have a leak at the O-Ring seal. I have removed the bolts securing it from the top of the platter but it isn't coming off easily and am interested in finding out if I am missing another step.

I've tried to find more detailed explanations and searched Haas literature, here and other forums. I don't want to damage anything and thought I'd do my due diligence before attempting anything requiring more muscle.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Haas TR160 Platter Removal

On my tr210, I needed to pull the assy' diagram and look at it too. It required a even pry around the edge. it is a tight fit on the ring in the center. Did you say you checked they assy diagram is in the manual?? That may help.
    Tip: I just replaced my o-ring too... On mine, the older TR's, we have a channel around the outside edge of the platter itself. You need to push the new ring into it and get it to stay put... (a little effort but not too hard). This is to get ready to flip the platter back over over and put back on. For mine, I had to loop fishing line around that o-ring and 'tail' it out the edge. (about 8") Once the platter is put back on top, you need to get the o-ring to fall out of the edge channel, and then ride on the face/bevel edge to seal it. (if you have that) else I'll just leak all over. There may also be 2 wicking oilers Mine had 2. .... depending on age.. they were like $4 each to replace. It took me 5mins or less to pop that ring in and get it to 'snap' down and seal. if you have an easier way... I'm all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by nwcrosse View Post
    Hi All,

I am in need of removing the platter from my TR160 trunnion rotary. I believe I have a leak at the O-Ring seal. I have removed the bolts securing it from the top of the platter but it isn't coming off easily and am interested in finding out if I am missing another step.

I've tried to find more detailed explanations and searched Haas literature, here and other forums. I don't want to damage anything and thought I'd do my due diligence before attempting anything requiring more muscle.

Last edited by countryguy; 06-27-2019 at 08:36 PM.