Spindle oil pump tubes

Thread: Spindle oil pump tubes

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Spindle oil pump tubes

I just got a 1999 VF2. I cleaned it up pretty and got it powered up today. After a few problems it seems to be ok except I get a 179 low oil pressure alarm. I talked to the Haas service tech at Selway and he was super helpful! I got the spindle cover off and found that one of the tubes that runs out of the oil pump was cracked along the entire length and broken off at the barbed fitting.

I did find this post which shows that's it's possible. https://www.cnczone.com/vb/haas/vf3-...earbox-300289/

I was wondering if anyone else has done this and can share their experience. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

EDIT: I don't know why the pics are rotated. Sorry!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spindle oil pump tubes-go-jpg   Spindle oil pump tubes-broken-hose-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle oil pump tubes

Simply replace the hose. By the way, the original hoses were clear plastic I believe.

Mike

Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle oil pump tubes

In the link from post #1 change cnczone to practical machinist as one word. Any time I post it as one word the site changes it to cnczone...