Mini Mill coolant presure

Thread: Mini Mill coolant presure

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mini Mill coolant presure

Just bought a 2002 mini mill Awsome machine for the size.
    The coolant pump that it came with is the low low pressure pump. No blockage.
    I am thinking of upgrading to the high pressure pump but 1800 is a little steep.
    Is there a way of increasing the impeller pitch or does any one know of a cheaper pump to buy. looking for a programable coolant noosle also.

Thanks
    Art

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by engine tech art
    Just bought a 2002 mini mill Awsome machine for the size.
    The coolant pump that it came with is the low low pressure pump. No blockage.
    I am thinking of upgrading to the high pressure pump but 1800 is a little steep.
    Is there a way of increasing the impeller pitch or does any one know of a cheaper pump to buy. looking for a programable coolant noosle also.

Thanks
    Art
    The standard pump runs on 240V and the circuit that supplies it can carry up to 10 amps. There is a breaker inside the cabinet labelled Coolant or something like that so you can check this. You could plug in any pump that runs off 240V or you could get a step down transformer and get a 120V pump.

Regarding the programmable coolant nozzle you might be out of luck. Check the Haas website, Hasscnc.com to see if it can be retrofitted. I suspect the answer is no and even if it can the cost will be high.

I find with a high volume pump you can run several nozzles spanning all your different tool lengths and get almost the same effect as a programmable nozzle.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Geof I will look on Ebay or some surplus sites and try and find a punp.
    Thanks

Art

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Whell looked around for a pump and nothing . Inspeced the pump and
    the impeller is tinny.So went ahead and made one same profile as stock but made the blades 2 time deeper and enlarged the inlet 20% and enlarged and radiused the outlet.
    If it would overload the moter and pop the breaker so then i would get the haas high
    presure pump. it works awsome twice the presure does what i want it to and no over load.Made the part with the MM for the MM.

Art

Art

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

anybody know what is inside a programmable coolant device ? anybody have photos ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

had a high pressure pump burn out so installed a high pressure pump from a plumber friend, for water source, for around 500 and back in business again building high hp motors!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Billet racer we also build billet parts for motors. There the most power per cc out there.
    UBR

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

billet racer what kind of mill do you have?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Look at Spider Cool, it is an aftermarket programmable coolant system. It costs but it would be easy to get up and running and has more functions than the haas unit, it has a option for peck drilling that keeps the coolant aimed at the hole thur the hole stroke of the drilling cycle. That is the coolest feature I have seen.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you aware of the SpiderCool programmable coolant nozzle? Once set, it will automatically direct the coolant stream precisely at the cutting edge of each tool. It also has the ability to oscillate the coolant stream. Add a higher pressure pump, which you can purchase from Graymills or Grainger, and now you have a programmable high pressure coolant nozzle. Can be seen at www.spidercool.com

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mini Mill coolant presure

Quote Originally Posted by engine tech art View Post
    Whell looked around for a pump and nothing . Inspeced the pump and
    the impeller is tinny.So went ahead and made one same profile as stock but made the blades 2 time deeper and enlarged the inlet 20% and enlarged and radiused the outlet.
    If it would overload the moter and pop the breaker so then i would get the haas high
    presure pump. it works awsome twice the presure does what i want it to and no over load.Made the part with the MM for the MM.

Art

Art
    Art, Many years later I am in the same situation you were in 2006. Do you happen to have a print of what you made to improve the coolant pressure & volume?

Regards,