Problem HAAS VF7 Program "Jumping"

Thread: HAAS VF7 Program "Jumping"

Default HAAS VF7 Program "Jumping"

Thanks everyone for looking into this post and for any information you can offer. I am currently having issues with our VF7 machine we are experiencing program "jumping" while running a program. By this I mean that we could be running say "Program A" and randomly throughout the code, it will change in the top program title to reflect that it is running Program B. It does not actually run this other program it finishes running the one we originally started in, and when it finishes displays Program A again in the title block. The interesting thing is the programs are located on a hard drive that is mapped to the CNC, so it is pulling the programs up from separate folders on this hard drive and displaying it is running them when it is in face not running them. I wanted to get a good idea of what would cause this and if one day we could see it actually run the program that randomly displays, I think we all know how awful that could be. Does anyone have any idea how this could have happened? I want to get a better understanding of this I sure do not enjoy not knowing what is going on with this machine.

Similar Threads:
    "The one who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd..."
    -Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HAAS VF7 Program "Jumping"

Does it only do it with the one program "B" and no others if "A' is running? If so, have you tried renaming the program(s)?

Default Re: HAAS VF7 Program "Jumping"

It does not seem to have any consistency, I suppose the A and B example does not provide that information. I could be in any program and it would jump into another random program it does not have a preference when it does this sometimes it will be one part sometimes it will be another. I tried to track this to see if I could find a toolpath that causes this or a customer folder that does but it seems to have no true constant. I have contacted my HFO however it seems they have an extremely hard time answering since we switched to Chicago, Illinois office from the Twinsburg, Ohio office. I will ping him again and see if he can provide some sort of answer.

"The one who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd..."
    -Albert E.