HAAS MDI

Thread: HAAS MDI

Downloads
    Uploads

Default HAAS MDI

Curious as to how others use MDI on a HAAS. I just recently purchased a HAAS VF2SS and not used the MDI not deleting after code is executed.

I use it for short basic codes, calling up edge finder and turning on spindle, changing tools, load position, double checking home coordinate location, etc.

Is there a way to have it delete after the program is executed or does anyone leave some basic everyday used codes in MDI with a code to separate commands.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HAAS MDI

in mdi, hit erase program to delete whats stored there.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bthomas7408 View Post
    Curious as to how others use MDI on a HAAS. I just recently purchased a HAAS VF2SS and not used the MDI not deleting after code is executed.

I use it for short basic codes, calling up edge finder and turning on spindle, changing tools, load position, double checking home coordinate location, etc.

Is there a way to have it delete after the program is executed or does anyone leave some basic everyday used codes in MDI with a code to separate commands.
    To change tools without MDI: In any mode except memory, type T1 and hit ATC FWD - you get T1 in the spindle. Or type P1 and hit ATC FWD - you get whatever tool is in pocket 1 in the spindle.

To start spindle without MDI: In any mode except memory, type 1000 and hit SPINDLE FWD. Beware, if you just hit SPINDLE FWD at any time without typing an RPM, it will turn on at whatever the last commanded RPM was.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@RFR View Post
    To change tools without MDI: In any mode except memory, type T1 and hit ATC FWD - you get T1 in the spindle. Or type P1 and hit ATC FWD - you get whatever tool is in pocket 1 in the spindle.

To start spindle without MDI: In any mode except memory, type 1000 and hit SPINDLE FWD. Beware, if you just hit SPINDLE FWD at any time without typing an RPM, it will turn on at whatever the last commanded RPM was.
    "My" 2018 VF4 will not let me change tool in any mode except MDI (message "Available in MDI mode only" - is it some setting for it?) and you are correct about last RPMs - that how I "lost" my edge finder

Downloads
    Uploads

I use MDI to run one line of code at a time. Common ones I don't erase but I put a mandatory stop, M0, on the next line. This way I can have about 4 one liners at a time in the MDI and I just cursor down to the one I want to use, and hit the reset button when I'm done. So my MDI may look something like...

M3 S3000
    M0

G0 G54 G90 X0.0 Y0.0
    M0

G0 G59 G90 X1.0 Y-3.0
    M0

xeno@xenomechanics.com
    http://www.xenomechanics.com