Haas EC1600

Thread: Haas EC1600

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Haas EC1600

Haas EC1600. Has anyone had issues with a Haas EC1600? We have a 2014 with 1418 spindle hours. Machine only runs 1 shift and not every day. Had coolant leaks everywhere that needed silicone when first used. Spindle motor went bad a while back. Front bearings were getting too hot so spindle needed replaced. We ran the spindle warm up every morning. The oil line came into the rear bearing and then was routed to the front bearing from there. Replacement spindle has oil lines feeding both bearings direct now. Bad original design in my opinion but Haas claims it was just an improvement. Had to put filters on the power cables as machine was getting noise. Had to replace a bad "Y" axis cable along with the tool changer cable. Battery went bad so installed new battery in separate battery pack from board. Newest problem PSB Maincon Processor went bad. Guess what......battery is now replaceable on the new board so last battery update was wasted money! Lost all programs, settings.....etc. I've put almost $20K in maintenance issues on this machine with what I see as LOW hours. And NO it was not wrecked! Has anyone had any of these same issues??? I have 3 Haas mills and 4 Haas lathes. Probably done with Haas after this. Spend the extra money (this machine was bought new and wasn't cheap) and buy a quality built machine.

Last edited by MYDOIT; 11-28-2018 at 10:19 AM.