haas TM-2 2005 G83 feed issue

Thread: haas TM-2 2005 G83 feed issue

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default haas TM-2 2005 G83 feed issue

Hey guys.
    I have a 2005 Tm-2, and have an issue I was hoping one of you may have some insight on. All of the sudden when I perform a 83 peck drill all of the retracting motion is in feed instead of rapid. I recently used a program from someone else's cam software . Not sure if the coding used may have set up some type of modal issue that I am unaware of . I pretty much have been scratching my head on this one and hoping for some help.
    Thanx in advance.

Dave

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: haas TM-2 2005 G83 feed issue

I can't speak to that specific problem, but I will say that I've indeed seen some CAM programs that output their own special type of peck cycle which consists of G0 and G1 movements moving up and down, rather than G83 / G73. I'd definitely check the code to see if there's like 20 lines for that one hole, rather than a single drill cycle

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: haas TM-2 2005 G83 feed issue

If it actually says "G83," it is not in some strange code, that is a regular G83 cycle. Please post the code for us to see.

Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28