Hooking Haas Mini Mill up to 220v wall socket verses direct wiring. Bad Idea?

Thread: Hooking Haas Mini Mill up to 220v wall socket verses direct wiring. Bad Idea?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hooking Haas Mini Mill up to 220v wall socket verses direct wiring. Bad Idea?

I am a bit tight on space for my recently purchased Haas Super Mini mill, so I'm planning to mount a 220v wall socket and then just run a short cord from the machine that will plug into that socket ( verses running a direct line from my box direct to the machine )

The reason I want to go this route is to have the option of easy disconnect in case I need to move the machine with a pallet jack from time to time in order to access the back panel. ( I am planning to place the machine fairly close to the wall )

Any concerns of using a 220v socket verses direct wiring?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hooking Haas Mini Mill up to 220v wall socket verses direct wiring. Bad Idea?

None at all. Just make sure to use a plug/socket that is rated for at least the maximum machine amps.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hooking Haas Mini Mill up to 220v wall socket verses direct wiring. Bad Idea?

I used an extension cord for my Mini Mill.
    https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Cable...extension+cord

Just cut one end off. It shares a receptacle with the plasma cutter so only one runs at a time. We only need the plasma a few hours a week.
    The mini mill is positioned like they suggest away from the wall in my shop, however that left us enough room to use a 2' x 4' Axiom Elite router between the Haas and the wall. It is on wheels though, so can just roll out when we need to access that panel.
    I would certainly mark the feet locations so that you can get them back as close as possible to original. That said, they may mark themselves with time.

Lee